PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Jul 3, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #6,046 of 9,120
  I find it depends largely on sales, time of the year etc. On a daily basis, the Samsung's aren't that that cheap

Talking about not cheap, have you seen the 850 benchmarks? I'm quite surprised Samsung actually yielded a pretty good improvement on a relatively new tech (3D stacking NAND). It doesn't cost too much more than their other drives until you get to the 1TB model. Lifespan is also ridiculous, not that SSDs didn't live long enough in the first place.

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #6,047 of 9,120
  Talking about not cheap, have you seen the 850 benchmarks? I'm quite surprised Samsung actually yielded a pretty good improvement on a relatively new tech (3D stacking NAND). It doesn't cost too much more than their other drives until you get to the 1TB model. Lifespan is also ridiculous, not that SSDs didn't live long enough in the first place.

I heard something else about software that could be easilly pushed onto SSD's to make them faster innately, not sure what is happening with that. But last I checked, its conditions were very specific, so who knows.

The 850 pro......dayum, 2x the price for the same amount of storage as its 840 brother, and almost 4x that of budget SSD competitors of the same amount.

The improvements seem to be at around 15% for twice the price. It's market is going to be small at first, but I applaud it. 

It is, part of the modern capitalist system that is. More expensive units, with better performance as an incentive, and then the price goes down as the market grows and ages.

Me Gusta. I won't be buying that, but its improvements as....pretty much the fastest, is going to help out the market a lot. ESPECIALLY, against the growind addoption of pcie SSD's with massive performance

Edit:

I don't know what to cheer for. But e-PCIE is very nice, especially in laptops that are using it such as the MBP's. That is BLAZING!

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #6,048 of 9,120
  I heard something else about software that could be easilly pushed onto SSD's to make them faster innately, not sure what is happening with that. But last I checked, its conditions were very specific, so who knows.

It's actually just RAM caching. Pretty sure that was the "secret" behind RAPID in the Samsung SSD Magician software. Samsung did a very nice job on it though. It's extremely effective.

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #6,049 of 9,120
  It's actually just RAM caching. Pretty sure that was the "secret" behind RAPID in the Samsung SSD Magician software. Samsung did a very nice job on it though. It's extremely effective.

Buy ALL the RAM now I guess. 

Makes sense. Using software to intelligently push stuff onto Free RAM which is many many  times faster than an SSD or even e-pcie. 

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #6,050 of 9,120
  Buy ALL the RAM now I guess. 

Makes sense. Using software to intelligently push stuff onto Free RAM which is many many  times faster than an SSD or even e-pcie. 

What even happened to cause RAM prices to go through the roof? All I remember was this factory explosion at some Hynix facility or something. Really wish RAM didn't go up $20-$30. (-_-")

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #6,051 of 9,120
  What even happened to cause RAM prices to go through the roof? All I remember was this factory explosion at some Hynix facility or something. Really wish RAM didn't go up $20-$30. (-_-")

Hmm?

But seriously, this stuff happens all the time because it is much cheaper to do it and get sued later on. 

I'm sure you have heard about every single large company in the world conspriring and fifxing LCD prices in the 2000s and RAM makers conspiring.

http://www.maximumpc.com/dram_makers_reach_310m_settlement_price_fixing_case

They were ordered to pay 710 Million USD. That sounds like a lot right? A drop in the bucket. The consumer RAM Industry has over $20 Billion Revenue+ each year. Revenue obviously doesn't mean profit, and ordered to pay, and actual payment, and how it would affect their tax statuses and deductables later on ARE another thing.

TLDR; It is profitable to do illegal stuff even when you get sued later on. 

Jul 4, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #6,052 of 9,120
e.g environmental waste and dumping 
biggrin.gif

Jul 4, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #6,053 of 9,120
  e.g environmental waste and dumping 
biggrin.gif

It's also heavilly beneficial to keep African country's destabalized. 

But basically, silicolne and high end computer companies go through multiple levels to get their rare earth metals. By law, they can't directly get them from 'bad' organizations in Africa that use slave labor. But they can through middle men or through many layers. Very few tech companies have pledges to not use blood minerals or elements.

Every few years, when an African country gets a government sorta going, they try to stop the slavery, get rid of the armed gangs forcing the labor. But it pretty much never and hasn't worked out yet. 

The Congo is a good example. Here is a good documentary on it. VICE is a piece of sensationalist company when it comes to modern day politics. However, when it comes to opening eyes on topics that don't deal with politics directly, they are amazing. Despite how much I dislike VICE in modern politics, I note that VICE is pretty much the only journalistic organization on the face of the planet that is going places, pushing big videos and articles on things that modern news can't get good coverage of. 

TLDR: It pays to have destabilized African countries. If you go through layer organizations, it is legal to use the materials. 

Jul 4, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #6,054 of 9,120
Great deal on PSU right now.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7042606-antec-850w-hcg-high-current-gamer-m-80-plus-bronze-modular-power-supply-psu-60ar-newegg-corsair-cx750-50ar?v=1

Antec HCG 850W is $59.99 after $35MIR and $30 promo code. Has good reviews, and is a Seasonic platform unit. 

Esential plugs like the ATX and CPU power ones aren't modular but everything else is. 

Good reviews, ripple, and power load levels and temperature on the platform. It's only big cons were slightly noisier than normal and high price. Well, the price is no longer an issue. And most people can't notice the noise anyway. 

I don't like to buy CX's if I can. It's Corsair's lowest series and I bought some a while back and really didn't like the build quality. 

I try to buy Seasonic Platform rebrands for cheaps if I can. 

Got the XFX Pro 550 W for $25 this winter (for client build), and it is Seasonic based with good reviews as well. 

Jul 7, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #6,055 of 9,120
BC2 is seriously such a great game.  I was just listening to music and playing on one of the few servers that still exist when completely obvious hacker comes in, not even he can ruin the game!
Our team won both attacking and defending on a good 4 maps before we lost our first game..... on the very last Mcomm of White Pass.  

I didn't think to take screen shots of it until the last two matches which is a shame but it's pretty goofy how some one on their team can go 70-4 every game and still lose:

guess you can't really tell that we won but I wish battlelog existed for bc2 (I'll probably never say that again) just so you could see this dude's lose streak.

Jul 7, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #6,056 of 9,120
*Between the two franchises*
COD4 = BF2 > BC2 > BF3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> COD:WaW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BF4

Multiplayer only, because the only two games with a real campaign are both COD.

Jul 7, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #6,057 of 9,120
  BC2 is seriously such a great game.  I was just listening to music and playing on one of the few servers that still exist when completely obvious hacker comes in, not even he can ruin the game!
Our team won both attacking and defending on a good 4 maps before we lost our first game..... on the very last Mcomm of White Pass.  

I didn't think to take screen shots of it until the last two matches which is a shame but it's pretty goofy how some one on their team can go 70-4 every game and still lose:

guess you can't really tell that we won but I wish battlelog existed for bc2 (I'll probably never say that again) just so you could see this dude's lose streak.

He would just reset his stats anyways right? 

Jul 7, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #6,058 of 9,120
COD4 = BF2 > BC2 > BF3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> COD:WaW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BF4

Hey hey hey let's not forget about nazi zombies! That's the only reason I bought any CoD after World at War.  I remember getting to round 58 with some Asian dude from California back in my PS3 days.

He would just reset his stats anyways right? 

I guess he would.  It was just way too funny how we still destroyed his team round after round.  There weren't any admins on to kick him and apparently in the servers teamspeak all the admins were afk and the hacker was "talking schiit on it" according to dudes on ingame chat.

Jul 8, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #6,059 of 9,120

True enough
The original Bad Company had a really badass campaign though :D

Jul 8, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #6,060 of 9,120
im looking for a cheap dac because my laptop has bad dac with revealing headphones....

apparently... there are no cheap dac/amp less than $200 where i live. and that's not cheap... PC is a burgeoning market here though, and there are quite many options of sound cards, some of them external.

there are some creative soundcards for ~$50~$70 and one steelseries siberia soundcard for $60.... i've never use soundcard before... if i buy soundcard, can i use it as a dac...?

cheerssss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back