PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Jan 8, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #3,977 of 9,120
Jan 8, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #3,978 of 9,120
THERE IS ALWAYS THE INTERNET

How did he get the parts for this unit, I hope he didn't buy EVERYTHING from Best buy q.q he proably paid more than just getting a pre built unit 
Everything was from Amazon. Best Buy is schitty.

huehuehue I'll sell you a OCZ 550 wat modular psu if you find out you need one.
How much? How is the payment plan gonna work out?

also a good idea, OCZ makes a fine psu 

Good idea, but does he has a PSU tester 
I don't.
Bring ur own psu over to test it
If his build is more than 430w, will it fry my PSU?

Jan 8, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #3,979 of 9,120
Everything was from Amazon. Best Buy is schitty.
How much? How is the payment plan gonna work out?
I don't.
If his build is more than 430w, will it fry my PSU?

How do you know its more than 430w? Do you have an actual tester to tell or did you do an online thing or what?

What PSU do you have? It depends on a lot of things.

Jan 8, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #3,982 of 9,120
I'd want to make the transaction with PayPal. I'd do like $37 shipped if you live in the US. Comes with original packaging and box but you'll have to use your own AC cord as I'm using it on a German amp that came with a European outlet

Jan 8, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #3,983 of 9,120
I'd want to make the transaction with PayPal. I'd do like $37 shipped if you live in the US. Comes with original packaging and box but you'll have to use your own AC cord as I'm using it on a German amp that came with a European terminated plug

Oops silly phone I meant to hit edit... not quote

It's an older version of this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341022

Jan 8, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #3,984 of 9,120
  It may just be because you canceled the service that you are getting momentary problems, but it may also be your neighborhood. You never had good MC service right?

I only have the internet package with MC. I've never a problem getting above the speeds I pay for.

Metrocast constantly updates their(or whoevers) 'wiring' and service. Back when we went to Metrocast, the max was somewhere around 20Mb/s, but then they upgraded to 38Mb/s. With a cable modem reset, we got the 38Mb/s. And right now, they recently upgraded the max tier to 50Mb/s. I am getting 45Mb/s always.

Your area had problems with Metrocast before right? It's probably you guys just having schitty service over there. 

I guess this is one of those times.

ATT sucks and MC is your only choice in that neighborhood. With that in mind, the video does a decent job with a pessimistic view at what may be going on.

Yup. Metrocast is terrible over here.

Well, ping has been fixed momentarily (33ms in a test right now). 2-3 Mbps off in download speed, but not that I notice anyways.

If you have another PSU, try replacing that and test.  Even if RAM is faulty it should have to be checked, unless you have inserted it wrong/visibly broken (both are unlikely as you would have noticed by now
biggrin.gif
)

If that fails try connecting speaker pins to hear the error beeps.  Manual should correlate the beeping pattern to a specific error.  If you are using any power adapters for the GPU, disconnect it completely and test some more.

I was looking at the 13 steam boxes review and noticed the reviewer thought the Node 304 case was unoriginal.  I really like the case though >.>

Well **** that person. the Node 304 is an awesome case.

I said "if", first of all. And I use el-cheapo CX430M.

I mean, if people can run a GTX780 Ti on a CX500...
tongue.gif

Seriously though, don't. 430w is a bit unsafe for testing purposes. You can use a PSU calculator though (or just pull #s from benchmarks).

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #3,985 of 9,120
yeah don't.

\
(Sniff) That hurt... (Sniff)

I'd want to make the transaction with PayPal. I'd do like $37 shipped if you live in the US. Comes with original packaging and box but you'll have to use your own AC cord as I'm using it on a German amp that came with a European outlet
He's sending back the mobo and CPU, can't tell whats causing the problem. Thanks anyway. And sorry :xf_eek:

Well, ping has been fixed momentarily (33ms in a test right now). 2-3 Mbps off in download speed, but not that I notice anyways.

Well **** that person. the Node 304 is an awesome case.

I mean, if people can run a GTX780 Ti on a CX500...:p

Seriously though, don't. 430w is a bit unsafe for testing purposes. You can use a PSU calculator though (or just pull #s from benchmarks).
Too late, tested CPU and RAM only, had the same problem so he's sending the stuff listed above.

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #3,987 of 9,120

I had a ping consistently between 1000 and 2000ms for like a year(if speedtest is accurate.) It was the result of a vengeful ATT and a motherboard that was starting to go bad. Strangely enough my ping to Brazil and back was like 600ms whilst one state over was 2500ms. I'm at a loss of how to explain that, but I'm really glad we switched to Comcast.

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #3,989 of 9,120
Also, CX PSUs also have dropped in quality. They're decent, but SeaSonics M12II EVO PSUs are awesome 80 PLUS bronze PSUs.
I dealt with two of them.

They worked well and all that, but they are piss poor in presentation.

One retail box was literally a cardboard box they inked all over. The unit inside and its cable braid was dissapointing. I've bought cheap PSU's before, but man, the feel of the CX I bought was just .....

Obviously this is all phsyical characteristics. But none the less.

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #3,990 of 9,120
I dealt with two of them.

They worked well and all that, but they are piss poor in presentation.

One retail box was literally a cardboard box they inked all over. The unit inside and its cable braid was dissapointing. I've bought cheap PSU's before, but man, the feel of the CX I bought was just .....

Obviously this is all phsyical characteristics. But none the less.

Didn't they change OEMs on a lot of their power supplies? I think the CX PSUs were affected (I think Great Wall makes them now, or at least the newer ones instead of SeaSonic).

Going for that SeaSonic next time.

Also black screens are still happening once in awhile. Not sure if it's my SSD. Shouldn't be since the connection is clean and the connector is in completely. Not the CPU either since I've never gotten near the shutdown temperature. Might be the PSU...hm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back