PC Case Headphone Jack Vs. Motherboard Jack
May 4, 2011 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jtmx29

New Head-Fier
I just picked up a pair of M50s and realized quickly that my headphone jack 3.5mm on my Antec 1200 case has feedback when using the headphones. I think this is just because it might not be a quality jack, which is understandable. The motherboard onboard sound card works fine, there is no feedback. However, it seems that the volume cannot be nearly as high when using the motherboard jack. 

My question is, what would cause this issue?

Thanks,

JTM

May 4, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #2 of 4
I'm not sure what would cause the volume differences from the 2 jacks but I've noticed the same thing on every case I've ever tried to use the front jacks on. It's likemits there just for a gimmick as none of them have been functional..

I know it's not what you want to hear but you really need to up the quality of your source to appreciate your new headphones. If computer audio is your main use I'd suggest looking into the Leckerton Audio UHA4 or something from iBasso. If you'd rather stick with something you're more familiar with in the pc market then the ASUS STX soundcard shoud work well.

Again, I know you didn't come here looking for source suggestions but I'm not sure how you'd get more volume from your current set up without it.

BTW welcome to Head-Fi & sorry about your wallet!

May 7, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
I know it's not what you want to hear but you really need to up the quality of your source to appreciate your new headphones. If computer audio is your main use I'd suggest looking into the Leckerton Audio UHA4 or something from iBasso. If you'd rather stick with something you're more familiar with in the pc market then the ASUS STX soundcard shoud work well.

Seconded. 

uDAC-2 is another option. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back