Paypal
Sep 3, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the different from an eCheck and directly linked?

Direct is an instant transfer and eCheck is an electronic version of a paper check. In most cases my default action is to send an instant transfer sourced from checking, with credit card as a backup. The only time this isn't the default is when I have a PayPal balance greater than the amount being paid, and then the options are payment from balance or eCheck.

Sep 3, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #32 of 36
I'm not a big fan of PayPal either! They can be useful for individual transactions associate with credit card payments, but my biggest complain is that they are EXPENSIVE!

Sep 3, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Direct is an instant transfer and eCheck is an electronic version of a paper check. In most cases my default action is to send an instant transfer sourced from checking, with credit card as a backup. The only time this isn't the default is when I have a PayPal balance greater than the amount being paid, and then the options are payment from balance or eCheck.

How do you do the instant transfer? Like many others, whenever I transfer funds from my account, or try to pay somebody and the funds had to come out of my bank, it would send a notice to the recipient that it was an eCheck, and to not ship out the items yet, as the funds haven't cleared.

Same goes if I try to transfer funds from my bank account into my paypal account, it takes days to clear....

Oh well, I no longer use paypal....

Sep 3, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #34 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Callas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not a big fan of PayPal either! They can be useful for individual transactions associate with credit card payments, but my biggest complain is that they are EXPENSIVE!

What do they charge for? They haven't taken any fees from me yet.

Sep 4, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #35 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you do the instant transfer? Like many others, whenever I transfer funds from my account, or try to pay somebody and the funds had to come out of my bank, it would send a notice to the recipient that it was an eCheck, and to not ship out the items yet, as the funds haven't cleared.

Same goes if I try to transfer funds from my bank account into my paypal account, it takes days to clear....

Oh well, I no longer use paypal....

Weird. I'd suggest asking why that's happening at PayPal's Get Satisfaction page. For anyone else who has the same issue, click on "I have this problem, too!" It sounds like more than a few people here are limited to eCheck even though they shouldn't be, and I'd like to see if PayPal could provide an answer as to why this is the case.

Anyway, I completely understand your reasons for not wanting to use their service, and more power to you for figuring out an elegant alternative.

Jun 23, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #36 of 36
hello sorry to revive this thread but i figured instead of wasting bandwidth in creating a new thread i would ask here. i ordered something via paypal a week ago and it said the check was supposed to clear today but it is 9:38 pm and it still hasn't cleared. will it clear by the end of the day? thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back