Paypal fees change
Jun 7, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #16 of 31
Damn I wish I had read this earlier! I think it is totally rediculous the amount o fmoney they are charging people! I sell and buy a lot of stuff internationally to and from the usa and in this case paypal is the easiest way to go but I really think they are getting out of hand with all the fees they are letting me pay, I wish there was another method but I guess bank transfers arent cheap either (outside of the eu that is).
Greetings, Anouk,

Jun 7, 2009 at 1:55 PM Post #17 of 31
I've never fully understood the paypal options. Am I correct in thinking that the only free selling method used to apply to selling from personal accounts (it was always free to buy but usually the seller requested the fee?) and that was using paypal balance transfer? That's now gone so the only free transaction is sending a gift from a personal account?

Jun 7, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #18 of 31
This really is getting crazy.. First they take 0.05 cents off the exchange rates for their profit.. Now they do this! The users are their source of income, if they treat their users this way.. I hope they bleed to death (money-wise).

Jun 7, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #19 of 31
Well, Since I did a lot of trading with countries that have non-euro currencies I had to upgtrade my account to premium really fast so it was never free for me to begin with. This happens I guess when a company like paypal has a monopoly position. There is not really a lot different solutions out there if you want to deal internationally as a private person. (By internationally I mean as a european dealing with non-european people).
Greetings, Anouk,

Jun 7, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #20 of 31
Thanks for the heads up!
Paypal is a great service but unfortunately there are a lot of fees. They have a monopoly position so why not (ab)use it?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 7, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #21 of 31
Did anyone read #2?! Am I understanding this correctly?

Quote:

beginning June 3, 2009, personal PayPal accounts will no longer going to [sic] be available for use by anyone who sales [sic] goods or services no matter the amount

Does this mean we can send receive money via PayPal for items sold here, without either switching to a commercial account or specifying the transaction as a "gift" and, therefore, not be covered by PayPal?!

Jun 8, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #22 of 31
Paypal sucks. It's unfortunate they have such a large monopoly on the internet. Just when I was going to pay my eBay fees, I noticed Paypal had AUTOMATICALLY deducted $250 from my bank account to pay the fees. I don't remember even authorizing automatic payment.

Jun 8, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaquib /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Paypal sucks. It's unfortunate they have such a large monopoly on the internet. Just when I was going to pay my eBay fees, I noticed Paypal had AUTOMATICALLY deducted $250 from my bank account to pay the fees. I don't remember even authorizing automatic payment.

Paypal, ebay same company. Hmmm...

Jun 8, 2009 at 10:44 AM Post #24 of 31
I've got some stuff FS here, and was shocked to see how large the fees are now compared to last time I used PP. It's quite a bit, and if I have a check cut, they hit it again.

Jun 16, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #27 of 31
Just found this out today, pretty lame. My gf had to send me some money and I was docked fees even though both of us are personal/bank transfer. Found it out after trawling through the web. Emailed them prior to that, of course, no response after 5 days. I like how their legal terms state that they can make amendments on the web page and no mention of notice via email etc--I certainly never got any.

In terms of sales on here, I guess 'Commercial' transactions will have to be chosen to avail of Seller protection. However, as I understand, protection is rather weak out of eBay transactions anyways so I think I'll probably go by feedback on here, if it's good, just going to use 'Personal'. I should really go though their 'ToS'.

And in terms of sending items to people overseas where in some places there's no protection, there's really no point/benefit in using anything other than 'Personal' transaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back