Pathos Aurium anyone?
Apr 24, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #182 of 191
The way the responses are going this far maybe it would be best to just stick with the existing power supply?
I think this is depending on the device , some are more responsive to PSU "upgrades" , some are not. I guess Pathos is fine with its default one

Apr 26, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #185 of 191
It depends on the power requirements of the headphone, but if the headphone is easy enough to drive, there is not a better alternative to Aurium anywhere near the price.

Apr 26, 2023 at 10:22 PM Post #186 of 191
It depends on the power requirements of the headphone, but if the headphone is easy enough to drive, there is not a better alternative to Aurium anywhere near the price.
Agreed! I use the Sennheiser 700 and 58X and they sound great! FWIW, the Sennheiser 650 and 800's (that I had on loan) didn't gel well for me.

Apr 27, 2023 at 12:37 AM Post #187 of 191
I've also found that the sound of the Aurium is largely dependent on the valves used...I've tried out dozens of them.
To my ears, I've found great synergy with Soviet, mid 70's, Voskhod and Reflektors, NOS Tesla and Tungsram.
However, by now, my default choice has become the Italian made ECC88 Fivre.
For some reason, don't know why, the likes of the Bugle Boys, Philips SQ, Valvo Gold Pins etc, didn't do it for me.

Apr 28, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #188 of 191
Hello,
I‘m looking for a DAC to connect to my Pathos aurium...
Someone has tested the Pathos with denafrips dac ? (pontus II or other), there is no distortions ?
I need a dac with xlr output to get the signal into the Aurium and my preamp speaker.
The input voltage of the Pathos is so low, (1,6v or 3,2 with attenuators) this is hard to find a dac to match perfectly with it.(Most of it the voltage is 4Vrms).
thank you.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #189 of 191
You can get a hifi rose. You can set the voltage output on my 150b to match the Pathos. I am sure you can probably do that with their more affordable 250.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back