Pathos Aurium anyone?
Aug 1, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #46 of 191
Does anyone have first-personal experience of pairing the Aurium with the HE-6? If not, any third-personal experience/educated speculations? And the same qs regarding the Aurium + AKG K812.

Aug 4, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #47 of 191
No one? There's a review of the Aurium that refers to the HE-6, but the comment is speculative. I'm looking for real phenomenological reporting.

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #48 of 191
I am an audiophile for 60+ years but only recently bought Audeeze LCD X cans using a WOO WA 6 with all Sophia Electric tubes.  My main system uses a VTL S400.  I have read the positive reviews on the Pathos and the AURALiC TAURUS MKII.  How do i choose one over the other?  Rick

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #49 of 191

The Pathos Aurium is a lovely little amp which easily drove my HD800's. Also has balance control and (6db) attenuation switches underneath for high powered sources. Highly recommend it.

Sep 2, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #50 of 191
Thanks for the reply.  I have a pair of Amperex 7308 matched tubes so i'm favoring the Pathos.  Did you do any tube rolling and did it change the sound?  One reviewer stated he didn't hear much difference when changing the tubes.  My DAC is the EMM Labs XDS1V2 by Ed Meitner so I'm feeding it a great source.  Thanks, Rick

Oct 10, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #53 of 191
I just bought an Aurium but I only had the chance for a quick test yesterday night (/early morning!); my first impression is that it sounds superb! I would describe it as extremely detailed and smooth. With my ATH-M50 I had to put the gain to max level, and volume 3/4 to the max, but the sound was... divine! More info after more hours with it.
I have no experience with headphone amps other than this one, but I love my Aurium. I will very soon buy an Audeze headphone so will come back for a more detailed evaluation of the two.
So long

Dec 2, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #54 of 191
Just in case someone's interested, here's a review of the LCD-X in The Absolute Sound by Arnie Nudell of Genesis speaker fame: http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/audeze-lcd-x-headphones/.  The amp he used for his review was the Aurium.

Dec 3, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #55 of 191
Hello, does the Aurium offer the possibility for a remote control? I saw a picture of the back of the amp and there is an input for "Remote ON/OFF".

Also, has anyone tried them with the LCD-3F - the Innerfidelity's review is with the non-fazor LCD-3 which has a slightly different sound signature namelly in the lows.

Thank you in advance!

Mar 10, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #57 of 191

Also, has anyone tried them with the LCD-3F - the Innerfidelity's review is with the non-fazor LCD-3 which has a slightly different sound signature namelly in the lows

Judging from the superlative review of LCD-X by Arnie Nudell, I can only imagine the new Fazor LCD-3 will be equally superb.  Not sure the sonic improvement, if any, is worth the extra cost though.   Used LCD-X's can now be found on ebay for $1300.  

Yes it's very hard to find an Aurium reseller here Stateside.  They should  do web orders.

Cheers,
Wolfy

May 17, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #58 of 191
Hi guys, its been a long time that no one discuss about this Pathos amp. Have anyone try it with the TH900? As a tube amp, does it sound detailed and clear? :wink:

Thanks

Aug 12, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #59 of 191
Has anyone had a noisy background with low impedance cans and the Aurium? I tried out the TH900 with the Aurium and I get an annoying amount of white noise an ringing. Same with Sennheiser HD598.

Hi guys, its been a long time that no one discuss about this Pathos amp. Have anyone try it with the TH900? As a tube amp, does it sound detailed and clear? :wink:

Thanks

It is very clear, kind of ethereal, maybe too lean for some tastes. It is not too warm neither too soft in the bass despite the tubes, it just conveys the tone and texture of tubes. Bass is surprisingly tight, though still somehow delicate.

Aug 12, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #60 of 191
Hi guys, its been a long time that no one discuss about this Pathos amp. Have anyone try it with the TH900? As a tube amp, does it sound detailed and clear?
wink.gif

Thanks

The Pathos Aurium has been on my want list for so long that when I saw one on ebay yesterday for $700 I just had to get it. The seller is upgrading to an Eddie Current 445 tube amp.
Will post impressions vis-a-vis my current Oppo 105D Sabre DAC headphone-out next week.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back