Party @ Neil's! Super-Mini Meet
Jan 17, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #166 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi
i dont have a car.. and i sorta lost my interest in going since i don't have the music or a functioning rig right now...

Sure, I bet your going to be at a sports bar watching the NFL Conference Championship games. To steal a phrase from NeilPeart, "We are such geeks." for having a meet on this day
tongue.gif

For humanflyz, maybe daba or robm321 can give you a ride?

btw. Neil, do you have or CAN GET a wide screen to watch the games on
blink.gif
?? Please, j/k

Can't wait to hear Neil's and humanflyz's setup.

Jan 17, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #167 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by utep10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure, I bet your going to be at a sports bar watching the NFL Conference Championship games. To steal a phrase from NeilPeart, "We are such geeks." for having a meet on this day
tongue.gif

Ha, I don't think grano is of the age yet
tongue.gif
But I am, and yes, I am such a geek when I could be chugging down beers watching Manning vs. Brady, but I guess that's what makes an audiophile.

Jan 18, 2007 at 6:48 AM Post #169 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by utep10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif

For humanflyz, maybe daba or robm321 can give you a ride?

btw. Neil, do you have or CAN GET a wide screen to watch the games on
blink.gif
?? Please, j/k

Can't wait to hear Neil's and humanflyz's setup.

Well I do have a projector (which serves as my TV) which we project against the wall. It is fairly big, I'd say around the equivalent of a 40inch or so.
wink.gif

I will email everyone tomorrow morning with my address and any other pertinent information needed. Please do not hesitate to email me with any suggestions, ideas, squables...

Neil

Jan 18, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #171 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellafella321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey neil and everyone, I won't be able to make it, a friend from boston is flying in so i'm going to spend some time with her, have fun everyone!

Sorry to hear that - have fun with your friend.

Jan 19, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #172 of 182
Silly little story -

I was working down in the south bay yesterday and early today, and I finished at 1pm. So I hurry back to the city because today was the date I was expecting my DAC. Well I get back to the apt and the dreaded FedEx "missed attempt" greeted me at the door. After a conversation with a FedEx rep that, let's just say didn't go so well ("why can't he just come back and make a second attempt today! I know he's just somewhere around the block" or "So you want me to drive to So. San Francisco at 6:00pm during rush hour traffic just to get this package which is currently somewhere down the street?".... etc...etc...). So with a strong will I hit the streets. I flag down the first FedEx truck I see. Seriously. Well actually it was already stopped, over at Laurel Village. As it turns out, this FedEx driver and the one who had my DAC are like really close buds. Not only did I learn of the route this driver takes, but also where he is likely to be eating lunch! So I hit up Clement St., searching for any FedEx truck in sight. And I find it! Parked 1 block east of Park Presidio on Clement eating at a Bubble Tea Joint. He laughed, handed me my package after I told him my address and said "Oh, so your Neil..." We both laughed.

Yeah, I am THAT crazy.

Neil

Jan 20, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #175 of 182
Neil has been kind enough to make room for me at the meet tomorrow. I plan to come in the early afternoon and stay for just a few hours. I'm looking forward to hearing the FirstWatt and the W5000.

I'll be bringing my new toy: a Red Wine Signature 30 amp. It should be interesting to listen to the Sig 30 next to the mighty FirstWatt.

Jan 20, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #176 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobcn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Neil has been kind enough to make room for me at the meet tomorrow. I plan to come in the early afternoon and stay for just a few hours. I'm looking forward to hearing the FirstWatt and the W5000.

I'll be bringing my new toy: a Red Wine Signature 30 amp. It should be interesting to listen to the Sig 30 next to the mighty FirstWatt.

Sorry Bob, but the W5000s have been sold, they just weren't my cup of tea.

Jan 21, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #178 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobcn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rats! Oh well -- please wait until after tomorrow to sell the FirstWatt! :)

Don't worry, the FirstWatt isn't going anywhere.
k1000smile.gif

Jan 21, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #179 of 182
Welcome to the crew, bobcn! You were at the Marin Meet where this idea was spawned, so it only seems right that you should attend.

See you all in a few hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back