Party @ Neil's! Super-Mini Meet
Nov 20, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #121 of 182
hi
blink.gif

Nov 20, 2006 at 7:21 AM Post #123 of 182
It's that perennial problem of trying to get a date that's good for N people.

This tends to be increasingly improbable as N increases. Best we can hope for is M out of N.

Suggestion: We all list weekend dates when we can't make it, between now and , say, New Year
smily_headphones1.gif

Neil goes first, as he is supplying the venue.

Neil can then pick the date with the highest number of attendees, thus minimizing global unhappiness.

For extra credit, Neil could assign a weighted value to each attendee, and the pick the date that had the most valued gathering, thus maximizing global happiness.

Did I mention how good those (crack) brownies are slightly microwaved, so their centers are warm and moist,
evil_smiley.gif
combined with a portion of super-premium vanilla (bean) ice cream
very_evil_smiley.gif
?

Or as Joanne just said - Neil picks a date - his house - his rules?

There will always be the next (inter)National meet - right?

Nov 20, 2006 at 5:48 PM Post #124 of 182
Yeah, mid December to mid January (and possibly late January if I go to Sundance) gets tough for me. Don't worry about it though. Neil, or you guys, pick a date and I'll make it if I can.

Dec 12, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #125 of 182
Three weeks without any posts on this wonderful idea. Are we going to get together sometime? When are the student types going to be available?

Friday, 12/22 in the evening?

Saturday, 12/23?

Saturday, 12/30?

Saturday, 1/6?

Saturday, 1/13?

Neil, you wanna just tell me when the ES-1 arrives and I'll come over, or sumpin'?

Dec 12, 2006 at 12:29 AM Post #128 of 182
I should be fine anytime after the 14th of January, because school will have just started, and there won't be a lot of work. Hopefully by then Neil will have gotten this ES-1.

Dec 12, 2006 at 12:41 AM Post #129 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by humanflyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should be fine anytime after the 14th of January, because school will have just started, and there won't be a lot of work. Hopefully by then Neil will have gotten this ES-1.

2X

Dec 12, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #130 of 182
Hey guys...

I remember back in the day we were planning something.... what was it?

... oh yeah Party @ Neil's!

I was basically expecting this to likey go down sometime in mid to late january. Seems like the holiday season and just the general hecticness will have died down by then.

As far as the ES-1 goes, I'm just about as uncertain when it will arrive as anyone else. But rest assured, one day, I will have it (I'm willing to bet it will be far before Late January).

Anyway, if we can agree on January 21st or 22nd I'd be OK with that. I am not free January 20th.

===

So for whoever is still interested in meeting, please let me know if this date works so we can plan on it. I'm sure by now everyone should be pretty familiar with the Setlist CD (or maybe you haven't heard it at all!).

Neil

Dec 12, 2006 at 6:51 AM Post #132 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sunday, January 21st!

Works for me!

Dec 15, 2006 at 4:44 AM Post #133 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grahame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Works for me!

x2

what's a set list cd?

Dec 15, 2006 at 4:48 AM Post #134 of 182
^

It's a CD with songs that we've decided on as the reference tracks for this meet. PM Neil and ask him to mail you a copy. The idea is that everyone will become familiar with the CD before the meet, so it's more informative.

Dec 19, 2006 at 7:07 PM Post #135 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sunday, January 21st!

For now, this works for me. Hope this date holds.

Happy Holidays to you guys! Stay safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back