Paramount to likely drop HD-DVD
Jan 8, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #2 of 44
good...lets get this crap over with already

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:30 AM Post #3 of 44
nelson_haha.jpg

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:48 AM Post #4 of 44
I don't really care. They are both too expensive for the mass as of now (+ a 1080 to take advantage ended up atleast $1000). Unless they can make those players more affordable, these hd formats would be more like dvd-a or sacd and can't take over dvd. There are needs to be affordable for it to become mass standard.

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:59 AM Post #7 of 44
Good.. then that makes my initial investment into a PS3 worthwhile. (I also game from time to time [ie. Call of Duty 4])

Come April, my birthday, I'll be a happy camper.. And no, I haven't gotten a PS3 yet. I was awaiting Sony to "de-bug" it, so I can have a fully operational unit.

-Nick
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #8 of 44
I think I can hear my HD-A3 crying right now ... oh well.

Jan 8, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #9 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good.. then that makes my initial investment into a PS3 worthwhile. (I also game from time to time [ie. Call of Duty 4])

Come April, my birthday, I'll be a happy camper.. And no, I haven't gotten a PS3 yet. I was awaiting Sony to "de-bug" it, so I can have a fully operational unit.

-Nick
biggrin.gif

Debugging is done once you connect it to the 'net.

Jan 8, 2008 at 9:03 AM Post #10 of 44
End the format wars. They are horrible for consumers and they are horrible for the studios, too! Blu-Ray is the better format anyway, so I hope all the studios go with Sony. That is one reason I haven't bought a high-definition player yet. The other reason is that I still don't have an HDTV. Headphones and music are my top priority, hobbywise.

Jan 8, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #13 of 44
It's funny how many people are rooting for Blu-Ray after so many had said they would never buy another Sony related product after the root kit fiasco.

Jan 8, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #14 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Blu-Ray is the better format anyway

BluRay could have been the better format. It's a standardless mess as it stands.

Jan 8, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #15 of 44
Imagine the following picture with Paramount also painted blue.

warner_300.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back