Paradox and Mad Dog Comparison
Aug 7, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #46 of 64
I noticed that these modifications have gone through a number of iterations. Is the comparison still true of the latest iterations?

I'm considering between the Paradox and Mad Dog but it's hard to justify the $200 price difference for such subtle differences. I prefer headphones to have a more airy sound so I'm tending to the Mad Dogs but the inner fidelity graphs show the Paradox headphones to be far less spiky in frequency response.

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #47 of 64
Quote:
I noticed that these modifications have gone through a number of iterations. Is the comparison still true of the latest iterations?

I'm considering between the Paradox and Mad Dog but it's hard to justify the $200 price difference for such subtle differences. I prefer headphones to have a more airy sound so I'm tending to the Mad Dogs but the inner fidelity graphs show the Paradox headphones to be far less spiky in frequency response.

Where did you get subtle differences from?
confused.gif

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #49 of 64
Quote:
Unless my reading skills are rubbish, from the first post I thought the general opinion was that the differences between the two are minor. Unless of course I'm mistaken.

Ah. Thats not at all what I think, but everybody is entitled to their own opinions.

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #51 of 64
I will write them on Saturday when I hear them again. I cant remember the exact differences.
Could you describe the differences you find between them please.

Aug 8, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #52 of 64

Or get a ZMF.
They are in the same league, and much cheaper. See: http://www.head-fi.org/t/667870/review-zmf-modified-fostex-t50rp-superb

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #53 of 64
You need to hear them all. The MD has a uncanny enjoyment factor. It's just involving and easy to pick up again and again.

Looking at measurements all day really won't tell you the full story, then again, reading other people's opinion on the matter doesn't tell it either.

I'd suggest you pick all 3 up and compare. Personally, I think the MD is the best bang value around. Paradox is impressive though.

ZMF and other's like the Mayflower are just 1 step behind. 

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #54 of 64
You need to hear them all. The MD has a uncanny enjoyment factor. It's just involving and easy to pick up again and again.

Looking at measurements all day really won't tell you the full story, then again, reading other people's opinion on the matter doesn't tell it either.

I'd suggest you pick all 3 up and compare. Personally, I think the MD is the best bang value around. Paradox is impressive though.

You heard the ZMF? In the thread someone compared them to the Thunderpantas and others, and the ZMF came out rather good:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/667870/review-zmf-modified-fostex-t50rp-superb/15#post_9578523

But I'm still waiting till someone can compare the ZMF with the Paradox and MD.

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #55 of 64

The Mad Dog in its current state is more laid-back than the Paradox. My direct comparisons were for the MD 2.0, and there is a noticeable change in sound since then. The MD 3.2 fits my tastes really well and is probably one of the best values around.

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #56 of 64
Quote:
You heard the ZMF? In the thread someone compared them to the Thunderpantas and others, and the ZMF came out rather good:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/667870/review-zmf-modified-fostex-t50rp-superb/15#post_9578523

But I'm still waiting till someone can compare the ZMF with the Paradox and MD.

For some reason the ZMF isn't exactly breaking out. I don't think it's terrible, I think just about all T50RP iterations I've heard 
best the Thunderpants, so kind of a moot point. TP just isn't that good.

The ZMF like the Mayflower is good, but to my ears not on par with the MD or even Paradox. However the Paradox is 
just not a very engaging headphone to listen to. Too flat, IMO. Your ears may tell you different, nature of this hobby.

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #57 of 64
I'd argue that the Paradox are very involving also.

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #58 of 64
Aug 8, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #59 of 64
For some reason the ZMF isn't exactly breaking out. I don't think it's terrible, I think just about all T50RP iterations I've heard 
best the Thunderpants, so kind of a moot point. TP just isn't that good.

The ZMF like the Mayflower is good, but to my ears not on par with the MD or even Paradox. However the Paradox is 
just not a very engaging headphone to listen to. Too flat, IMO. Your ears may tell you different, nature of this hobby.

So you have heard the ZMF and all the other modded T50RP's you are mentioning?
Just a question out of curiosity: in what way are the ZMF behind the Paradox and MD?

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #60 of 64
Quote:
So you have heard the ZMF and all the other modded T50RP's you are mentioning?
Just a question out of curiosity....

Yea, and that includes the different iterations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back