Panasonic rtf-hp600-s VS. Sony mdr-7509hd
Feb 28, 2012 at 7:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

iDynastyz

New Head-Fier
These are the two different headphones im debating purchasing. For starters, BASS is my music. I don't care what genre of music it is (excluding country) as long as I enjoy the basslines. So mainly dubstep, techno, etc..

I can get both for around the same price believe it or not so now it's down to performance:

Bass
Sound Quality
Durability
Etc Etc...

Thanks

Feb 28, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #2 of 8
Never heard the MDR-7509HD. I had the MDR-7506, and the bass was good on that, but not as tight and deep as the Panasonic.

The Panasonic is known around here for producing good bass, both in quantities and qualities. 

Other members can chime in about the MDR-7509HD

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #4 of 8
For around $20-$25, you can get Velour ear pads for the Panasonic RP-HTF600-S
(Beyerdynamic EDT 200 Velour ear pads).
I do like the bass on the HTF600s.

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #6 of 8
I don't think it's possible for me to get sick of bass :) But thanks for the input guys, I'm honestly highly surprised how much you say the bass the Panasonics have. I reccomended the Panasonics to a friend and he ordered them that night. They should get here tomorrow so I'll try them out. I honestly would think the Sonys would be a higher quality pair of headphones based on the price and how they look. Anyways I have been told about the XB series many times however it's a little out of my price range.

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
I reccomended the Panasonics to a friend and he ordered them that night. They should get here tomorrow so I'll try them out. I honestly would think the Sonys would be a higher quality pair of headphones based on the price and how they look. Anyways I have been told about the XB series many times however it's a little out of my price range.

let us know your judgment. if you live by a bestbuy, check the return policy on headphones. if returnable, buy the xb500s compare to the panasonics when they arrive, judge, and return them. 

side note. price does not dictate quality.

Feb 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #8 of 8
I do live near a BestBuy and I actually do remember trying on a Sony XB series set, however it was probably the lowest one (300 I think) and thats also when I knew nothing of headphones. So I'll take you up on that offer and try them out. Then I could hop over to the car stereo section and help everyone there, since the employee's know nothing about it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back