Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zircona In Ear Headphones [Review]
Jan 31, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #122 of 128
Best tips for many are balanced biflanges from meelec. If you want to tame the treble and enhance the bass, you might like Complys t400, although those tame the treble too much for me. Sony hybrids probably give me the most bass, but compress the soundstage.

Jan 31, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #123 of 128
I believe I went through the tips in my review but not too sure. Tips are very personal and hard to narrow down one tip that works best for everyone. Something like the medium UE single flange from the TF10 or the meelectronics balanced biflange works well for me but until you try them you can't really tell. I suggest buying a bunch of tips and trying if you want to see for yourself or just go with one of the more popular tips.

Feb 1, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #124 of 128

Quote:
I believe I went through the tips in my review but not too sure. Tips are very personal and hard to narrow down one tip that works best for everyone. Something like the medium UE single flange from the TF10 or the meelectronics balanced biflange works well for me but until you try them you can't really tell. I suggest buying a bunch of tips and trying if you want to see for yourself or just go with one of the more popular tips.

Probably thats what i'm going to do... I try the Sennheiser that came whit the CX500 but I don't like them whit the Pana HJE-900 because their heavier than the CX and the tips hurt my ears :/

Today i'm going to try whit some tips from my Creative EP-630...

I guess i'm going to burn a bit more cash in tips :p

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #125 of 128

I recommend triple flange tips. I personally use the ones from the Monster Miles Davis set but Im sure any other would work fine
Quote:
Probably thats what i'm going to do... I try the Sennheiser that came whit the CX500 but I don't like them whit the Pana HJE-900 because their heavier than the CX and the tips hurt my ears :/

Today i'm going to try whit some tips from my Creative EP-630...

I guess i'm going to burn a bit more cash in tips :p

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #126 of 128
BTW does the sound of the HJE-900 improve, or change after some burning time?

cheers

PS: I change the tips to the ones that came whit the Creative EP-630 and the IEM become much more comfortable... Plus the sound changes a bit... the bass goes deeper... :)

It seems it really need burning time :D

Feb 1, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #127 of 128

Yes! The highs become less sibilant and the bass becomes less overpowering!
Quote:
BTW does the sound of the HJE-900 improve, or change after some burning time?

cheers

PS: I change the tips to the ones that came whit the Creative EP-630 and the IEM become much more comfortable... Plus the sound changes a bit... the bass goes deeper... :)

It seems it really need burning time :D

Jul 21, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #128 of 128
For anyone who has the Panasonic HJE900...

Its pretty well known that their tiny mesh protecting them against ear wax and other intrusions is very prone to accidentally get dislogded / lost.

Once lost, likelyhood of stuff getting inside and wrecking them rises sharply.

Well, by accident, I was digging around for new foam tips and found a new version called Tx-400.  They are the usual memory foam tips, but with a built-in earwax barrier.  So long as they stay on, your earphones are well protected.  I also found that The strong treble of the HJE900's are not noticeably compromised.

(no, I don't work for Comply...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back