Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zircona In Ear Headphones [Review]
Oct 7, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #49 of 128
yeah it's just the synergy between your source and the iem. You could try another source just to make sure. But that background "white noise" like hum is just typical hiss, not a defect.

Oct 7, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #51 of 128
I'm not sure what the technical reasoning behind it is but it's nothing to be worried about. A lot of very sensitive earphones with some bad sources have hiss. My old Sony hissed quite a bit. Usually you can't hear it when music is on or you can add an amp in between.

Oct 7, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #52 of 128
He he , did'nt realize this was your thread @rarwster 
redface.gif
 I just clicked on the last post before .
Nice review ,they are getting more detailed and proffesional with each one you do ,you will be writing for What hi fi magazine before long if you keep this up .

So your not keen on the cable  ,its really not that bad and does not hold that much memory .

Oct 7, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #53 of 128
When you are used to cables such as the one on your W3 it definitely is pretty bad. Mine has a good amount of memory but not as much as my R02 but that's a much cheaper product. The length is also an issue since it is not long enough. It's just not a very good cable imo.

Oct 7, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #56 of 128
netbooks and desktops assuming stock as in no upgraded sound cards are a hit or miss. My netbook output is garbage and sucks. I would only use it to watch videos online and that is the only time I use my headphone out on my netbook. The best way to reduce it is to get an amp although that is costly. You can get an impedance adapter since I do find that they tend to do well on dynamic drivers but you will need to be able to provide them enough power which usually means an amp of some kind. I did try an impedance adapter with the J3 as source and while it wasn't bad there's not much headroom really.

Oct 7, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #58 of 128
it's already been mentioned that hiss is normal. Your sources just produce hiss. It's not that big a deal.

Oct 7, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #59 of 128
right but turning up my ipod halfway up you can still hear some of the hiss. I just want to make sure that its not the headphones. What sources have you guys used that don't produce hiss? without amp that is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back