Panasonic HTF600 Upgrade with same feel
Dec 8, 2012 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

soundisee

100+ Head-Fier
Here we go again..

I'm looking to upgrade my Panasonic HTF600's (With Beyerdynamic Velour Pads) and would like something that feels very similar in comfort. I recently bought DT 770  pro 80's but I found them to be much more uncomfortable than the HTF600's and was not impressed with the sound quality over my $30 headphones. I feel that the DT 770 is clamping too tight and my ears feel like they are being put through suction cups. Maybe I should be aiming towards Semi-Open headphones or just settle for fully open? I just want something that fits like the HTF600's but with better sound quality mainly used for recording and listening to music on my computer.

I have a MBox 2 and a FiiO E10 but I feel like I won't be using the E10 since you can only run 1 interface at a time it seems.

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #5 of 6
definitely not an upgrade to the htf600.
the bass disappears.

and about your dt770s. many closed headphones are tight clampers. The thing to do is loosening them by stretching them over a wide stack of books or a box or something.

also. what did you not like about the sound quality of the dt770s. It will make recommendations easier.

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #6 of 6
definitely not an upgrade to the htf600.
the bass disappears.

and about your dt770s. many closed headphones are tight clampers. The thing to do is loosening them by stretching them over a wide stack of books or a box or something.

also. what did you not like about the sound quality of the dt770s. It will make recommendations easier.

The bass was a little too overwhelming and unpleasant for my liking. I stretched them out and I don't find them as uncomfy as much as before, so I can't really complain about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back