Panasonic CZs (HJE900) Appreciation Thread and Pending Review
Jan 1, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #841 of 920
Got these babies back after 6 months now. I was initially still impressed by the sound quality, although I've been using the FX700 since.
Highs are a little metallic, but I still have no problems with sibilance. Bass is lacking some texture and mids could have some more body.

However, I still enjoy these a lot. Regarding build and design, I can probably identify myself best with the Panas. I will probably buy a back up pair when I get the chance.

Jan 1, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #842 of 920

Quote:
Got these babies back after 6 months now. I was initially still impressed by the sound quality, although I've been using the FX700 since.
Highs are a little metallic, but I still have no problems with sibilance. Bass is lacking some texture and mids could have some more body.

However, I still enjoy these a lot. Regarding build and design, I can probably identify myself best with the Panas. I will probably buy a back up pair when I get the chance.

Is there anywhere that sells new ones anymore?

Jan 1, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #845 of 920
That is actually possible. I just had a friend come back from Japan and she said she only found the white ones. Online, they do also sell the black version (Asian) and metallic (Western) version - however not from official resellers, so probably without two year warranty.

Jan 1, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #847 of 920
you can find them around $150. Thats the cheapest i found so far a week ago.

Play.com told me that they didnt remove them from their website and that happens when they expect new stock. But i wouldnt count on that.

Jan 1, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #848 of 920

Quote:
you can find them around $150. Thats the cheapest i found so far a week ago.

Play.com told me that they didnt remove them from their website and that happens when they expect new stock. But i wouldnt count on that.

Can you give me the link? 
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #850 of 920
Just got these from a fellow Head-Fier, I think they might be a keeper ^_^ I'm a stickler for durability, and these have found a place in my Shure pouch next to my beloved SE215s. They stand up in a toe-to-toe comparison with my SM3, too: bass reaches deeper, treble goes higher...definitely not as detailed or forward in the mids, but they have this great liquid sound that comes from the combo of emphasized bass and treble that I'm really starting to love. I dig my SM3s and SE215s for music with vocals, but for straight up old school psytrance, these HJE900s are going to be hard to beat; I've got a pair of TF10s on the way, so we'll see how they stack up :)

Jul 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #851 of 920
Quote:
Just got these from a fellow Head-Fier, I think they might be a keeper ^_^ I'm a stickler for durability, and these have found a place in my Shure pouch next to my beloved SE215s. They stand up in a toe-to-toe comparison with my SM3, too: bass reaches deeper, treble goes higher...definitely not as detailed or forward in the mids, but they have this great liquid sound that comes from the combo of emphasized bass and treble that I'm really starting to love. I dig my SM3s and SE215s for music with vocals, but for straight up old school psytrance, these HJE900s are going to be hard to beat; I've got a pair of TF10s on the way, so we'll see how they stack up :)

Congrats on your HJEs!!! Hope you enjoy them. I still find them better-sounding than any of my other cans/iems because of how natural they sound. They're not perfect but I haven't found anything that matches their realism quite yet. Maybe some modded T50RPs might beat them. 
tongue.gif
 Anyway the HJEs will forever be in my arsenal. And I am more of a headphone person, not an IEM person.

Jul 15, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #852 of 920
Yeah they do have very natural instrument timbre and just all-around accurate note thickness, decay, etc. I had considered saving up for FX700 for this purpose, but given that the pannys are so good, and durable, and have a replaceable cable to boot...I don't think I can pass them up for something 3x more expensive that will probably last 1/3 as long. I tend to keep things that I think will last, and I definitely feel like the pannys will. The TF10s may stay or go, but I get the feeling the HJE900s are here to stay either which way :)

Jul 15, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #853 of 920
Awesome, yeah I really appreciate them a lot and the fact that the cable can be replaced. Finding these IEMs has been both a blessing and a curse (but more of a blessing) because ever since hearing these little gems, I've been looking for headphones (preferably portable) that have the same sig and timbre accuracy. I'm really glad to have the HJEs though and don't see myself selling them ever; listening to them is a real joy to my ears. If you can, try to get some Meelec balanced bi-flange tips - more comfort, slightly better isolation, and tames the treble slightly. Enjoy 
beerchug.gif

Jul 16, 2012 at 7:16 AM Post #854 of 920
I'm also still loving my hje 900's. Had to exchange one pair because one earplug came apart in the middle where they seem to be glued together. Hoping it won't happen again, because overall they are really solid. Using them with a Sleek Audio SA1 cable because the cable lost sound on one side a few months after purchase. One SA1 cable will also only last a few months (at least for me) before needing an exchange. I exchanged the tips with Sleek Audios bi-flanges which are pretty comfortable and have good isolation. Maybe Sleek Audio will someday have an upgraded quality cable which they promised for years... maybe even with an inline mic so I could use them with my iPhone... one can dream, right?

Jul 19, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #855 of 920
Quote:
Congrats on your HJEs!!! Hope you enjoy them. I still find them better-sounding than any of my other cans/iems because of how natural they sound. They're not perfect but I haven't found anything that matches their realism quite yet. Maybe some modded T50RPs might beat them. 
tongue.gif
 Anyway the HJEs will forever be in my arsenal. And I am more of a headphone person, not an IEM person.

Modded T50RPs sound amazing. I am saving up for some Mad Dog T50RP modded headphones. Heard them at the meet, and those are guaranteed to be my next closed set. It is not even a question in my mind. $300 for premium sound is a steal. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back