Panasonic CZs (HJE900) Appreciation Thread and Pending Review
Jun 16, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #138 of 920
just checking if you have changed the left and right earplugs - because the same happened to me until i realised it was the cable (actually it was the sleek audio cable for the s1's... the panasonic one seems to be more robust...)
btw, did anyone find an internationally shipping online shop which sells the replacement cable by panasonic, maybe even a longer one than the one that shipped with the plugs?

Jun 16, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #139 of 920
Is anyone able to take pics of the mesh thingies that have fallen out so easily on them and what the CZs look like with them out? What is at the tip of my CZ headphones is on there pretty tight. I'd thought about doing the mod on these that involves removing the mesh and replacing it with thin foam. Maybe they have started gluing the mesh stuff on better, or perhaps the mesh fell out without me noticing it as I changed out tips to get the ones that fit best...

Jun 20, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #141 of 920
Well, I found the medium size tips included to be too small for me, and mediums are usually what I use for tips. Something like foam Complys that can compress nicely may be another good option for you too, regardless of what you end up getting. 

Jul 14, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #142 of 920
I just got these yesterday in the mail and love them! They are the nicest looking IEM's I've ever seen.

Only problem is that the small tips are too small and fall out of my ears but the mediums feel like they don't go in far enough and still get loose and try to fall out of my ears. The mediums haven't fallen out yet, but maybe I'm just used to my Ety ER6i's that pretty much poke your brain?

Aug 13, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #143 of 920
This is the appropriate place for me to express my love of these phones.

I've had them for 24 hours, and 12 of those they have been in my ears. They are great. Its been a great day. All the music I love sounds even better than before. Shockingly so. Much of the music I really didn't like before is enjoyable to me through these as well... really enjoyable! I had no idea my other phones were so badly lacking. 

The mids seemed recessed to my ear for about an hour, but at about 2/3 to 1/2 the volume I usually listen at, they are still quite present, and the energetic treble and prodigious base become very important to the music. These respond well to EQ, but the natural sound curve just sounds better at a lower volume. 

I'm REALLY glad I got away from the flat frequency response phones that I thought I liked. I certainly liked the idea of that flat response and accurate reproduction, but in my experience all of those IEMs sound boring and anemic to me... I strain to hear them how I want to hear them, and punch up the volume to compensate.

These aren't perfect, I'm sure.... but they are certainly on the right path for my aural nirvana.

Not only do they sound this good, their design is original, and well thought out. These set themselves apart in a very tough field... hundreds of choices and these have not one but several rare or unique features, all executed with care.

Sep 2, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #144 of 920
does the contact between the cables and the drivers look sturdy? I mean, would they be loosening up easily? in case I would be plugging them on and off all the time? I wouldn't want to spend more on replacement cables, I expect them cables to last even a year.

Sep 2, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #146 of 920

Quote:

I'm REALLY glad I got away from the flat frequency response phones that I thought I liked. I certainly liked the idea of that flat response and accurate reproduction, but in my experience all of those IEMs sound boring and anemic to me... I strain to hear them how I want to hear them, and punch up the volume to compensate.

The problem is few seem to realize w/ sound there is a difference between what is recorded and what is actually played.  Many around here are audio engineers and professionals so they have a particular bias and personal preference.  Choosing color is anathema because it turns their tidy, precise, measured world on its heard and steals away a level of comfort and control they have become accustomed to.  Not meant to be a universal blanket statement btw.  They have a professional job that has specific requirements which is understandable.  I don't have that constraint and can choose whatever the hell I think sounds most like a Piano in real life to my ear for example.  To each their own.  Its important to understand the arguments and your own desires rather than put faith in 'experts'.  That doesn't work in any part of the real world why would it in audio?  Educate yourself the best you can and do what's right for you.

Sep 5, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #147 of 920

Quote:
does the contact between the cables and the drivers look sturdy? I mean, would they be loosening up easily? in case I would be plugging them on and off all the time? I wouldn't want to spend more on replacement cables, I expect them cables to last even a year.

They definitely are very sturdy. Only once in my tenure with them have I disconnected them unwillingly, and that was because they got stuck on something. That they disconnected probably saved the cables from damage =P. THe sleek audio cables are somewhat looser, but still connect satisfyingly.

Sep 6, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #149 of 920
Does anyone know any seller or website that ships this to India. I live in India and these are not available here.
mad.gif

Sep 6, 2010 at 5:14 AM Post #150 of 920

Quote:
Does anyone know any seller or website that ships this to India. I live in India and these are not available here.
mad.gif

You can try this Japanese seller. I read several head-fi members from India ordered from them Radius DDM among other Japanese earphones. Email them for quotes as the site is not user friendly and there is not much info.
below the site
www.musicaacoustics.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back