Panasonic CZs (HJE900) Appreciation Thread and Pending Review
Nov 7, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #918 of 920
Still loving my HJE900's, almost ten years on.. I'm not super happy with the replacement cables I've had to use (none of them seem to be quite perfect, sound can cut in and out at times) and it seems that the stems aren't a popular size anymore and it's getting harder to find replacement tips for them. Comply 400 series are easy to find, but make everything sound muddy. I love them for the headphones I do mowing etc with, but not my HJE900's. :) I've gathered the stem size is 5.0mm and the MEElectronics M9 tips are what I've always gotten, but they seem to be harder to find anymore although they do still sell a generic 5.0mm eartip which I'm sure is the same. And M6 cables are still available on Amazon. I think I'll grab another cable so when this one goes bad I'll have a backup, as a few years from now this stuff might be impossible to find.

Is there a name for the cable connector the HJE900's use? If it's a standard, maybe would be easier to find something in the future when they stop making M6 cables eventually.

Nov 18, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #919 of 920
Still loving my HJE900's, almost ten years on.. I'm not super happy with the replacement cables I've had to use (none of them seem to be quite perfect, sound can cut in and out at times) and it seems that the stems aren't a popular size anymore and it's getting harder to find replacement tips for them. Comply 400 series are easy to find, but make everything sound muddy. I love them for the headphones I do mowing etc with, but not my HJE900's. :) I've gathered the stem size is 5.0mm and the MEElectronics M9 tips are what I've always gotten, but they seem to be harder to find anymore although they do still sell a generic 5.0mm eartip which I'm sure is the same. And M6 cables are still available on Amazon. I think I'll grab another cable so when this one goes bad I'll have a backup, as a few years from now this stuff might be impossible to find.

Is there a name for the cable connector the HJE900's use? If it's a standard, maybe would be easier to find something in the future when they stop making M6 cables eventually.
I don't know the name, but is the same plug as some older Nokia cellphone charger I know this, because I made a cable using two Nokia chargers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back