Panasonic CZs (HJE900) Appreciation Thread and Pending Review
Aug 31, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #901 of 920
  Got the meelectronics M6 pro cable a few days ago. Really nice cable for $12 (I got the version with the mic). I would recommend it over the sleek cable. Very comfortable over the ear fit.

I had the M6 Pro's a few months back for a while but I totally forgot how the cable is like.

I much rather just push the earbuds instead of messing with the cable to get the fit each time, so are the memory or rubberized part near the connectors heavy for wearing straight down?

Is the splitter in the middle also very heavy?

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #903 of 920
My pair finally came in today straight from a Japanese retailer on Amazon.

First impressions:

The housing looks kinda cheap but feels extremely sturdy.

Don't really like how easily I can detach the cable, but I certainly feel more confident in these than the mmcx cables. Probably going to get the Meelectronics cable just in case if these fail in due time. Don't feel really confident in the straight angle plug as always.

The cable does feel very light so hopefully there won't be a lot of cable noise. I like the chin slider and how easy it is to slide it up and down.

I love the carrying case; looks and feels very premium, but I do think it's a bit of a hassle using it as you would have to wrap it around the molded plastic and somehow fit them in its case.

As for sound, I didn't really know what to expect so I expected the worse.

These seem to tilt towards the treble more the bass. Coming from the CKR10 and HD 600, these sound like someone scooped out the mids.

I think I'm a lot more tolerant on the treble as I did not think it was particularly harsh, though they could have been a bit more laid back, it sounds kinda distracting and unrealistic to be honest. I don't know if splashy is the correct term but cymbal crashes makes a "CSHHH" kind of sound.

I had to EQ the treble and upper treble down a little bit for my likings (though I'll leave it as flat for my impressions).

Guitars don't seem to pop out, and vocals just seem to be overpowered by the treble.

As for bass, it could be more punchy. It's really hard to notice the bass especially because of the treble, it's very interesting because I don't think I have heard anything like this.

And after a bit of listening, the treble does get very tiring to the ears..

These are no way bad sounding IEMs/earbuds. I'd definitely think treble heads will like these a lot, and aren't exactly my thing.

When EQ'd however that's a different story, sounds much more natural and less like it's trying to spear your eardrums.

I do remember others recommending to switch tips, so may I ask which ones?

Sep 9, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #905 of 920
Yeah, I don't think I can get into them which is why I'm selling them here. I will list them up on ebay tomorrow at a higher price.

Link (just in case if the blue lettering was hard to see): http://www.head-fi.org/t/779345/ic-audio-technica-ath-ckr10-momentum-m2-yamaha-hph-mt220-rare-panasonic-hje900

Sep 10, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #906 of 920
  Yeah, I don't think I can get into them which is why I'm selling them here. I will list them up on ebay tomorrow at a higher price.

Link (just in case if the blue lettering was hard to see): http://www.head-fi.org/t/779345/ic-audio-technica-ath-ckr10-momentum-m2-yamaha-hph-mt220-rare-panasonic-hje900

That is so very tempting... I might bite, I need to see how my finances are, but that's a good price for an IEM that I was very fond of when I owned them.

Sep 12, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #907 of 920
Wow!! Great to see someone still using these. I am still using this after may be 4 years.  Very enjoyable sound!!

Sep 12, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #908 of 920
  Got the meelectronics M6 pro cable a few days ago. Really nice cable for $12 (I got the version with the mic). I would recommend it over the sleek cable. Very comfortable over the ear fit.

These do not have a perfect fit with HJE900, but still works.  The length of the connector is a bit shorter and seems to be a tad thinner than HJE-900

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #913 of 920
The fit is not perfect, with sound cutting off from one ear.  I believe it could be due to variation in quality.  I can adjust the connector and there is connectivity in some positions.  There is no impact on sound quality though when it connects fully.

It is a shame that for such high quality earphones, there are no quality replacements.

Nov 8, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #914 of 920
Still selling my pair here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779345/rare-panasonic-hje900-and-sennheiser-cx-300-ii

Just dropped the price to 100 USD. Shipped from the US and will only ship within the US. Free shipping but please add 4% for PayPal fees unless gifted.

I also have listed on ebay with 3 watchers as of the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back