Panasonic CZs (HJE900) Appreciation Thread and Pending Review
Feb 27, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #886 of 920
I am still using these. I love the zirconia housing's reflective metallic sheen, but most of all, the sound signature.

In fact, my old pair broke as in one of the sides stopped producing sounds, so I bought another pair here on head fi, but in white (=

Seeing the posts above, I wonder whether the ocharaku flat 4s are my next upgrades.

May 11, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #887 of 920
Hey Pana people :D

Im disintering this old thread, with these old earphones, because I have a few questions:

Are they suitable for running? cable long enough, cable connection thight enough? will it fall off or out of my ears during running?

These phones aint sold in europe anymore! :frowning2:  In case I buy them, I would probably import them from japan!
If its labeled RP-HJE900-W, do they have the circonium housing?

KR Kilian

Quote:
I am still using these. I love the zirconia housing's reflective metallic sheen, but most of all, the sound signature.

[...]

Good for you! U sure u still need them? I mean... they so old! (school) ;D Ever thought of buying a more up to date IEM?
I make u a fair offer! ;P ???

May 11, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #891 of 920
Yes the white ones are still made from zirconia. I'm really wanting to get another pair. My black ones have an intermittent failure inside the actual earbud, so replacing the cable won't help.

As far as using them for running? I would say no. I don't think they will withstand it and I don't think they would stay put at all.

May 12, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #892 of 920

Good for you! U sure u still need them? I mean... they so old! (school) ;D Ever thought of buying a more up to date IEM?
I make u a fair offer! ;P ???

Yes the white ones are still made from zirconia. I'm really wanting to get another pair. My black ones have an intermittent failure inside the actual earbud, so replacing the cable won't help.

As far as using them for running? I would say no. I don't think they will withstand it and I don't think they would stay put at all.

Well I'm willing to sell mine if anyone is interested. PM me for details.

I used mine for a little over a year, performed solidly without any issues. I actually never used the stock cable preferring instead to use the Sleek Audio cable i purchased. This cable differs and the insertion is at a very different angle, with this in mind they can be used for exercise, I took the cable behind the ear. But the stock cable has long firm stalks and cannot be taken behind the ear easily.

Anyway, I have a pair, in good condition with the stock cable barely used (the sleek audio cable broke). The only thing missing is the tiny mesh on one or both of the ear buds, I swear just taking the tips off and they fly off in the wind!

PM me etc if keen.

Bruce

May 12, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #893 of 920

Well I'm willing to sell mine if anyone is interested. PM me for details.

I used mine for a little over a year, performed solidly without any issues. I actually never used the stock cable preferring instead to use the Sleek Audio cable i purchased. This cable differs and the insertion is at a very different angle, with this in mind they can be used for exercise, I took the cable behind the ear. But the stock cable has long firm stalks and cannot be taken behind the ear easily.

Anyway, I have a pair, in good condition with the stock cable barely used (the sleek audio cable broke). The only thing missing is the tiny mesh on one or both of the ear buds, I swear just taking the tips off and they fly off in the wind!

PM me etc if keen.

Bruce

Where can I purchase the sleek audio cable?

Jul 9, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #895 of 920
I don't think they do well with running. Most IEMs don't tbh, unless they are water (sweat) proof, else they'd go bust very easily. Unless you live in the arctic or somewhere really cold. 

I still use my white pair btw :3

Jul 11, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #896 of 920
I suggest NOT buying Sleek cables, the last ones I purchased crackle and pop in right channel and it is NOT the buds, as my old pair of Sleek cables I busted the left channel sleeping in them (right was working fine) and my original pany cables both channels work fine.

I've contacted them several times, got one response and nothing since and they have not replaced them.  It's been over 6 months, so I've given up on it.

What other options are there?  None, that I'm aware of.  Which sucks.  And which is probably why they aren't trying all that hard.

Jul 12, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #897 of 920
  I suggest NOT buying Sleek cables, the last ones I purchased crackle and pop in right channel and it is NOT the buds, as my old pair of Sleek cables I busted the left channel sleeping in them (right was working fine) and my original pany cables both channels work fine.

I've contacted them several times, got one response and nothing since and they have not replaced them.  It's been over 6 months, so I've given up on it.

What other options are there?  None, that I'm aware of.  Which sucks.  And which is probably why they aren't trying all that hard.

I found the sleek cables ok, but as I took them behind ear, about 18months later they snapped both sides, I just think they're not durable and very thin.

I have a pair of HJE900 headphones that I no longer use, the stock cable that came was used a handful of times as I quickly ordered a pair of sleek ones to take back behind the ear (which is my preferable method of using IEMs). I'm happy to sell it, but the thing is I'd want to sell all of it (earbuds as well) otherwise it's not worth it.

Aug 12, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #900 of 920
  Got the meelectronics M6 pro cable a few days ago. Really nice cable for $12 (I got the version with the mic). I would recommend it over the sleek cable. Very comfortable over the ear fit.

AWESOME!  Thank you for that reference, I didn't know of an alternative cable!  I think I'll get a pair of these to have them on hand, just in case they go away in the future.

I probably need another set of their eartips anyway, they're great but wear out after 4-5 months and start falling off as I take off the earbud and I gotta dig it out of my ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back