Panasonic 570 alternative
Dec 5, 2002 at 3:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

stevesolo

100+ Head-Fier
I was planning on getting my sister a Panasonic 570 but it seems it is no longer available at a reasonable price. Anti skip is important as she will be using it jogging. I am looking to spend $75-100, any sugggestions? I have already gotten her Koss portapros

Dec 5, 2002 at 11:14 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

I have already gotten her Koss portapros

Great start!

Not to take this too off topic, but might you consider getting her a memory-based mp3 player instead? These are the best types of players for jogging, IMO, as skipping isn't an issue.

Dec 5, 2002 at 1:32 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by jpelg
Great start!

Not to take this too off topic, but might you consider getting her a memory-based mp3 player instead? These are the best types of players for jogging, IMO, as skipping isn't an issue.

The issue here with buying a memory-based MP3 player is cost. 128MB memory modules cost $50 to $80 - but even that amount is still not enough to hold more than an hour's worth of 256kbps MP3s. Which means is if she's going to switch music often (or if she's going to carry well over an hour's worth of music with her at any given time), buying a memory-based MP3 player is going to cost her an astronomical amount of $$$. And if she doesn't want to put up with spending the astronomical amount of $$$ to carry lots of music, she would have to settle for extremely low-bitrate MP3s (which sound craptacular).

Dec 5, 2002 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 5
you CAN get the Pana 570 for $89.95 plus tax plus shipping. mine came to $101 and change, but i had to send it back.

contact Maureen Allred at
AllredM@panasonic.com

be nice, or she'll cut off our supply
tongue.gif

Dec 6, 2002 at 1:26 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by nanahachi
you CAN get the Pana 570 for $89.95 plus tax plus shipping. mine came to $101 and change, but i had to send it back.

contact Maureen Allred at
AllredM@panasonic.com

be nice, or she'll cut off our supply
tongue.gif

Why did you sent it back Nanahachi? Just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back