PA2V2 to Schiit Valhalla
Jun 4, 2013 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Illbetheone

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys I'm considering upgrading my PA2V2 to the Valhalla amp and I'm new to the whole amp game and was wondering what kind of sound performance I'd expect from upgrading to a tube amp.

Thanks

Jun 5, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi!

Well, I love my Valhalla. Even with low impedance cans like my hard to drive DT880 Premium 32 Ohms, the Valhalla performs more than well. I today A/B'd it with my Asgard and for the life of me couldn't spot huge difference between it and the Asgard, yes a bit smoother, more musical, but it wasn't a night and day difference.

I have to remark that both the Asgard and Valhalla are in the 200s in serial numbers, so the Version 1 not the latest of the two amps.

Where the Valhalla really shines are high impedance cans.

Cheers,
K

Jun 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Hi!

Well, I love my Valhalla. Even with low impedance cans like my hard to drive DT880 Premium 32 Ohms, the Valhalla performs more than well. I today A/B'd it with my Asgard and for the life of me couldn't spot huge difference between it and the Asgard, yes a bit smoother, more musical, but it wasn't a night and day difference.

I have to remark that both the Asgard and Valhalla are in the 200s in serial numbers, so the Version 1 not the latest of the two amps.

Where the Valhalla really shines are high impedance cans.

Cheers,
K

Thanks for the feedback. In the end though, would you say the Valhalla would be a HUGE upgrade over my PA2V2 amp or only a little?

Jun 5, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the feedback. In the end though, would you say the Valhalla would be a HUGE upgrade over my PA2V2 amp or only a little?

I would say that depends on your headphones, can be huuuuge, can be rather small. I didn't hear the PA2V2 yet, so no comparison first hand. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back