PA2V2: Ship time experiences?
Jun 11, 2007 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

BigStig

Head-Fier
I've emailed Gary, but I wanted a second opinion from the experts here...

To those that have ordered from Gary, how long did it take to get your PA2V2? I bought mine more than 2 weeks ago, Gary shipped it within 24 hours, but it still hasn't arrived. Yes, I know it's supposed to take 5-10 business days. Today is business day 11 and it's still not here. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas. I'm just dyin' here waiting for it!

I live in Illinois, so I'm not really even all that far from Toronto! I have complete faith in Gary, but what in the world kind of 'air mail' is this that it takes so long? My HD650's and AKG701's are crying out for an amp. I'm already convinced that I need a Hornet, even though I haven't even heard the PA2V2 yet... Damn this place.
580smile.gif

I've purchased hundreds of pounds of speakers from Axiom that have taken less than 5 days to be sitting on my front porch, so is it too much to expect the same from a teeny tiny headphone amp?
confused.gif

Sorry, just a rant... But I am curious how long it took for others' to receive the PA2V2 from Gary. Anyone?

Jun 11, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #2 of 13
Gary has a great customer service and he ships right away. The problem is Customs, it can be there for two weeks! So I would say give it at least 2-3 weeks. Good luck and enjoy your new amp.

Jun 11, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #3 of 13
Nothing like responding to my own thread...

Gary responded to my email and it appears that something has happened to most of the amps mailed out within the past 2-3 weeks. Very few of them have made it to their US destinations. As others have said around here, it appears to be that US Customs sometimes decides to crack down on these strange little boxes filled with wires, and now is one of those times. Poo.
mad.gif

I'll hope for this week, but I've found some other threads here that report it taking up to a month!
blink.gif

Jun 11, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #4 of 13
Other than your natural desire to have your amp RIGHT NOW, don't worry about it. Gary will make sure you end up with an amp, and you will be pleased when it comes.

Mooch

Jun 11, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #5 of 13
Mine took a month because of customs and stuff, but he shipped the day after the payment and alert me of the time it would take to arrive. I agreed and bought it anyway.
Gary respond very quickly e-mails and he's superb with his service ...

Jun 11, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #7 of 13
Gotta love the government, can't check even a fraction of oceangoing shipping containers, but they manage to snag legit portable headphone amps.

Jun 11, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #9 of 13
Still, it's rather odd. I've ordered several sets of Axiom speakers over the years which have never taken more than 4 or 5 business days to arrive at my home. Being from Canada, they have to go through customs too, but there's never a holdup. I've 'watched' them via the shipper's tracking system take less than an hour in customs. I've been on Axiom's forum for years, and I've never read of anyone's shipment being delayed in customs. And these are even speakers with large cavities that could be stuffed with drugs, explosives, or (in the case of their enormous flagship subwoofer) illegal immigrants....

So why would a PA2V2 amp get held up? Is it just because it's a small, strange electronic device? Or is it just because of the shipping method? Is it because Gary's just a normal guy and not a big business? Just curious...

Had I known it could take up to a month to get through customs, I would have cheerfully paid for faster shipping (if that helps) or maybe wouldn't have even bothered ordering it. Again, none of this is aimed at Gary, I know he's doing a great job but is just at the mercy of the system.

I just want my amp. I'm close enough to Chicago that I'm halfway tempted to tell my wife we're taking a road trip this weekend to visit Ray Samuel's shop....

Guess I'm kinda like Verunca from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.... Don't care how, I want it now!
wink.gif

Jun 12, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigStig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still, it's rather odd. I've ordered several sets of Axiom speakers over the years which have never taken more than 4 or 5 business days to arrive at my home. Being from Canada, they have to go through customs too, but there's never a holdup. I've 'watched' them via the shipper's tracking system take less than an hour in customs. I've been on Axiom's forum for years, and I've never read of anyone's shipment being delayed in customs. And these are even speakers with large cavities that could be stuffed with drugs, explosives, or (in the case of their enormous flagship subwoofer) illegal immigrants....

So why would a PA2V2 amp get held up? Is it just because it's a small, strange electronic device? Or is it just because of the shipping method? Is it because Gary's just a normal guy and not a big business? Just curious...

Had I known it could take up to a month to get through customs, I would have cheerfully paid for faster shipping (if that helps) or maybe wouldn't have even bothered ordering it. Again, none of this is aimed at Gary, I know he's doing a great job but is just at the mercy of the system.

I just want my amp. I'm close enough to Chicago that I'm halfway tempted to tell my wife we're taking a road trip this weekend to visit Ray Samuel's shop....

Guess I'm kinda like Verunca from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.... Don't care how, I want it now!
wink.gif

Blame the US government for their prejudice against particular items associated with particular senders' names. "Terrorist Alert!!!" What a bunch of BS.

Thank god i live in the same city as Gary (Toronto) and got the amp 2 days after i ordered it.
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #11 of 13
Right on buddy. Customs is just being tight about stupid things and when I shipped a few amps to the US, some arrive in great time, others take weeks, some even close to a month! I shipped an amp half-way around the world to Australia and it got there in less than 2 weeks using AirMail, to the US, some few hundred kilometers, it's a months. Sheesh.

No worries BigStig, Gary has a great reputation so you should definitely get your stuff in a bit.

Jun 14, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #12 of 13
600smile.gif

The PA2V2 arrived today. Listening right now...

This is supposed to be, like a budget amp?
blink.gif
Lovely difference on my iPod. Way better lows and really opened up the highs on my HD650's.

Kudos to Gary, and thanks to everyone that contributed here.

I tremble at the thought of what some of the 'big boy' amps can do...
tongue.gif

Jun 15, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigStig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
600smile.gif

The PA2V2 arrived today. Listening right now...

This is supposed to be, like a budget amp?
blink.gif
Lovely difference on my iPod. Way better lows and really opened up the highs on my HD650's.

Kudos to Gary, and thanks to everyone that contributed here.

I tremble at the thought of what some of the 'big boy' amps can do...
tongue.gif

Run while you can. But before you do, post a pic of your rig.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back