PA2V2 Potentiometer Static Answer
Jun 20, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #16 of 22
I might try lubing it to see if that works. Though I'll probably forget to do it after writing this post.. lol  It really doesn't bother me much.

Jun 20, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #17 of 22
Same here. If it did it all the time, I wouldn't like it, obviously. But since it doesn't do it while listening, I'm good to go.

Jun 26, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #18 of 22
Would DeoxIT or DeoxIT Gold by Caig Laboratories Inc. be good quieting potentiometers? If so, which would work better?

Jul 2, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #19 of 22
Not sure. Haven't ever heard of it before.

Jul 10, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #20 of 22

Quote:
Not sure. Haven't ever heard of it before.

I think I am right in saying it is  something you use to clean contacts such as jacks, mains plugs etc, it is meant to have a benificial effect on the sound of components.

Jul 10, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #21 of 22

Quote:
Well, according to Gary, it's supposed to do that. It really doesn't bother me. Once it's set, it doesn't do it. It was more of a concern, because it was new. That's why I e-mailed him to begin with.

I can hear it on mine that I just got, but like you, it doesn't bother me. I would have been curious though, if you had not started this thread, so
beerchug.gif

Jul 20, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #22 of 22

Quote:
I have a problem with static in the potentiometer knob on my PA2V2. I can only hear it while I'm turning it up or down.

Strangely enough, I noticed it happening once or twice when I first got mine, but since then it hasn't happened at all. I had read this thread before my PA2V2 arrived, and bookmarked it for reference, so I've been pleasantly surprised with its performance....especially since mine dates back to 2006.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back