PA2V2 Amp Report
Mar 25, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #33 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Busta9iron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The case the PA2V2 comes in, is stronger than the Altoids can, so why would you???

I don't think the PA2V2 case is curiously strong.
wink.gif

Mar 28, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #35 of 56
I can't think of any reason why not... The circuitry all comes out easily, you'd just want a way to afix the batteries.
Gotta love PA2V2, fun, bassy sound, plus Gary is just a great guy to work with. He's always prompt, delivers on time, and gives great and knowledgable support!

Mar 29, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #36 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerotec /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am new to high end portable systems but as a starter amp it is great. I do hear some slight hiss when it nothing is playing from my iPod. Not sure if that is the iPod or the PA2V2. I am using a LOD.

I got this with my Shure E500 as well, and stopped using the amp.

h

Mar 29, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #37 of 56
I had a similar hissing problem when i first got it. The sound also would break up if I put the volume up too high too quickly. Gary couldn't really figure out what the problem was, and it didn't really concern me (I don't like to listen at high volumes). However, when I changed the batteries, the problem went away.

Have you tried changing the gain settings? Those little blue screws inside of the amp.

Mar 30, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #38 of 56
I bought the PA2V2 used off of dfkt, and I can honestly say he did me a huge favor. This little thing is amazing, a bit chunky maybe, but well worth the extra effort to carry. Also, I had a slight mishap and damaged the casing, and Gary (from Electric-Avenues) sent me a replacement, as well as a charger. All of this was for only the cost of shipping.

Great amp, great service!!! Can't beat that w/a baseball bat!!!!

Apr 20, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #40 of 56
I bought the Pa2v2 because I hear it pairs with MS-1 really REALLY good. Also bought it because it comes with a lifetime warrenty at no extra charge.

I message Gary one time about batteries (rechargeable vs. alkaline) on a Saturday in MIDNIGHT!! He replied UNDER AN HOUR!! Talk about service including the lifetime warrenty. THE BEST service on the web. If you could beat that sevice, tell me.

Apr 21, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #41 of 56
I see that Gary is approaching the 6,500 count for his PA2v2. WOW.

I'm on that list somewhere. It was my first headphone amp. I sent Gary a money order and he shipped the amp to me the next day after requesting...before he got my money.

Apr 22, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #44 of 56
It definitely needs the rechargeable batteries. With the regular 1.5v batteries I had a hiss in my yuin pk1s but that went away once i put in the rechargeables. Great little amp though and Gary is really a nice guy.

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #45 of 56
There's supposed to be two gain tuners (blue knobs) near the battery enclosure. Try fiddling with that. Watch it though, the knobs are very sensitive, you'd want to be careful. Keep the volume of the PA2V2 at its lowest and fine tune it with a screwdriver until you get the hiss and loudness you want.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back