PA/OH Meet
Jan 18, 2004 at 6:41 AM Post #32 of 88
I'm planning to be in Pittsburgh around that time seeing family so this works out well for me
smily_headphones1.gif
. I'll be bringing my CD3000, HD600 + zu morbius, gilmore v2-se and denon 2900.

Jan 18, 2004 at 5:53 PM Post #33 of 88
Thanks tkam, we look forward to seeing you there.
smily_headphones1.gif

On another note, we do need some sources. Who's coming and has a decent source? Mine's ok, but not spectacular.

Jan 18, 2004 at 8:49 PM Post #34 of 88
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
To recap:
The meet is on March 6th at tmesis's house from 12-4. He lives pretty close to Oakland (CMU/Pitt). Exact details will be disclosed. Could we have a roll call?

I plan on attending. I'll send you a list of equipment I can bring shortly (but unfortunately, my CD players are all too big/heavy to bring out to the meet, so I'll need to borrow a source.

Jan 19, 2004 at 12:32 AM Post #35 of 88
I'm planning to go.

My Sony S9000ES is supposedly a decent source. It's a SACD/DVD player. They go for about 600 used, were originally 1400 new. I recently acquired it, so I haven't listened to it a whole lot yet, and have no other "good" equipment to compare it to.

Weighs a ton, the entire back panel is gold plated.

Won't play CD-Rs, but does play CD-RWs.

If you have CD-Rs you wanna try on that source, you'll have to burn 'em off to CD-RW before you bring them.

With the winter, if your bringing sources, you might want to warm up your car before you load them in there, that way we don't have to worry about condensation in the equipment at the meet. i.e. don't load them in your car the night before.

Jan 19, 2004 at 1:13 AM Post #36 of 88
Quote:

Anyone else have a ppa?

I'm considering building one. Depends on if I pull the tirgger, order the stuff, and get it assembled in time, though the perreaux has my interest too.

Jan 19, 2004 at 7:48 PM Post #38 of 88
Quote:

Ok, I just called headroom. They're sending out some goodies for our meet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Total Bithead
Total Airhead
Maxed Out Home
Premium Little

OK. But as I understand it, you'll be on the hook for shipping costs for these. You may want to set up a collection plate at meet to help cover those costs.

Jan 19, 2004 at 11:17 PM Post #39 of 88
yeah, that's true. Would you guys mind pitching in a few bucks each to cover shipping costs for gear at our meet? Heck, I'll even pitch in some soft drinks.

Jan 20, 2004 at 1:56 AM Post #42 of 88
Ill be in the area most likely, and I'd like to join you.

I can bring:

nad 5060 (old CDP)
maybe a friend who has some neat gear.

Thanks,

Milo

PM me with directions when they get distributed if you could. thanks again

Jan 21, 2004 at 11:44 PM Post #43 of 88
I'll pitch in too.
I can bring a Perreaux SXH-1 amp, Senn HD-600s, Senn PXC-250s (busted, unforunately, but still working), Ety ER4-Ps (with extra earpieces), Grado SR-325s, and an amazingly shoddy Toshiba DVD player (it plays CDs too!
wink.gif

edit: The Toshiba is beyond shoddy. I think it qualifies as craptastic.

Let me know when you guys are posting the address. I live in NW Ohio, I'll have to mapquest it
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!

Jan 27, 2004 at 6:16 AM Post #45 of 88
a meet in pittsburgh sounds awesome to me! im super free on the 6th of march [great way to start spring break!]. feel free to PM me etc with spam like updates =p

oh yeah, ill bring all thats in my sig + my sony mdr-cd580s.

any cmu students alive in here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back