Oyaide Cables?
Aug 19, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #3 of 34
Might be good.  I just like the mini-plug. 
k701smile.gif

Aug 20, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #4 of 34
Quote:
Might be good.  I just like the mini-plug. 
k701smile.gif

Its cool isn't it ? 
etysmile.gif

Quote:
was wondering the same for the Triple.fi variant

I think they actually do for the TF10s. Too bad no outsources to try.

Too bad not much info was posted on their site.
Even the pricing are not stated. Ah man 
triportsad.gif

Aug 27, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #5 of 34
I  just order the UE variant from Amazon.co.jp using importing service. Price is about $80 for the cable and $20 importing service fee. They should arrive in a week. I will share my impression when I receive it.

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #7 of 34
Quote:
I  just order the UE variant from Amazon.co.jp using importing service. Price is about $80 for the cable and $20 importing service fee. They should arrive in a week. I will share my impression when I receive it.

LOL can't wait! Looking forward to it! 
popcorn.gif

Sep 8, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #13 of 34
How are they?

Sep 8, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #14 of 34
I gotta say the Oyaide cable is very well made. Compare to the stock TF10 cable, the Oyaide cable is thicker and tougher. The chromed metal 3.5mm plug and harden plastic earplug pins scream quality. 

The cable bring minor change to the TF10's sound signature. It brings more weight to the low frequency, the vocal is more forward, treble is toned down a little bit as well. This makes some music listenable on TF10.

The downside is the horizontal soundstage is narrowed by about 1/4. And the pins does not plug in all the way into the earplugs( about 9/10 in), but it will sink in after some time(when pins are less stiff).

Overall, I think Oyaide HPC-UE cable is a solid cable upgrade for the Triple fi's. It tones down the harshness and brings mid range more forward at the expense of a bit soundstage. Whether you like it or not is your choice, but I am very happy withe result. 

Also, if you do decide to grab one get the 1.3m version. 1.0m is a bit short you are 5'10" and higher. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back