Owned D5000 and T5P. Would K812 or GS1000i be complementation?
Jun 18, 2014 at 4:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Boyz2men

New Head-Fier
I owned my D5000 and T5P for half a year. Now it's time to have something different. I'm looking for a pair of headphones coming as a complementation instead of a replacement. Any recommendation between K812 and GS1000i? Or any other cans?

Jun 18, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #2 of 4
Perhaps try a pair of orthodynamic headphones? In my mind nothing is more "complimentary" to a pair of dynamic HPs than an orthodynamic HP, the liquid mids and smoothness of such a HP is a very refreshing change to dynamics which can be rather peaky. The LCD-2/3 are a great choice, very intimate/narrow soundstage with great layering and a warm sound, the exact opposite of the D5000/T1.

Maybe offerings from OPPO or HiFiman, not too sure what other ortho headphones there are though.

STAX is an option if your pockets are deep enough though...

PS: I personally really enjoy the K812 but it's more of a slight U shape in sound signature, and (if I can recall how the T1s sound) sound rather along the same lines. Not a complementary sound SIG, though it's a fantastic headphone.

Jun 18, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #3 of 4
Thank you for the recommendation. That is a nice point of view.
Have you ever tried HiFiman HE6 and LCD-3? I really want to know how they sound like. If I remember correctly both of them are around 550g. Would it be too heavy and uncomfortable for long time playing?

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #4 of 4
Thank you for the recommendation. That is a nice point of view.
Have you ever tried HiFiman HE6 and LCD-3? I really want to know how they sound like. If I remember correctly both of them are around 550g. Would it be too heavy and uncomfortable for long time playing?

I have tried them both and have owned the LCD-2, and I can say in terms of weight they are definitely noticeably heavier than normal headphones, bit I never found the LCD's to be uncomfortable. As for the HiFimans I found them equally heavy with similar clamping force, but I never used them for more than 40 mins at a time, so I can't comment on long term use. Do keep in mind that to drive the HE-6 or LCD 3 you'll need a considerably powerful amp as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back