Owl City - sounds alot like the postal service
Aug 27, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #3 of 52
Yeah, a lot of my friends love Owl City and quote the lyrics a lot, which I found to be rather generic compared to all the other artists already out there (Postal Service definitely).

A few days ago amazon.com and its MP3 service had an Owl City song from its latest album for free, so I decided to give it a go. I actually had more fun learning how amazon.com's MP3 program worked, instead of the song itself.

Aug 27, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #4 of 52
its definatly more mainstream, and the lyrics not as good as postal service i was just suprised to see it on my promo only mainstream radio for september. stood out a bit compared to jessy mccartney ft tpain...as most of you could imagine

Aug 27, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #6 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by joincoolkidclub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the vox are SO similar. Upbeat song but comes across as a rip-off of other synthpop bands. Too bad.

Agreed. I understand being influenced by certain artists, what happened to originality?

Aug 28, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #7 of 52
While i do think Postal Service is on a different level, I still give Owl City a chance.
I doubt there will be another album like that for a long time.

Sad though everytime i do get to listening , PS will be overshadowing them a bit.

Dec 1, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #12 of 52
The CD is alright. I got it on sale at Best Buy. The music's catchy, but the lyrics aren't great.

A mix between Postal Service and Reliant K, I'd say.

Jan 18, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #14 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by duotone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just started hearing this on UK radio now. Almost everytime it is played they always add "This band are HUGE in the States".

Prefixed by "For reasons we don't quite understand..." ?
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back