Overwhelming bass headphones?
Apr 3, 2013 at 11:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

SuperBassHead

New Head-Fier
Hey,
I'm looking for some headphones that have rattling bass. I currently own the sony mdr-xb500's, and I would like to kno if there are anymore headphones that have more vibrating bass. I want vibrating, punchy strong bass that rattle and shake the headphones.

Apr 3, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #5 of 29
Welcome to head-fi.

Go to: http://www.head-fi.org/t/573826/the-basshead-club

I think those you have are already one of the most "bassiest" out there so... if you want something that delivers more... ermm...

Apr 3, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #6 of 29
You could add an EQ if you want more bass. But the XB500's don't have very quality sound. You might take a look at the Ultrasone Pro 900's. They are remarkably clear and detailed for being basshead headphones. They handle the bass really well with respect to texturing and tightness, so you may find that you're more drawn to its bass quality than the XB500's bass quantity.

Apr 4, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #7 of 29
The XB500's do rattle, with some heavy EQing you can make em fall off your head!
Or do the Sennheiser HD439 with the bass mod http://www.head-fi.org/t/646251/sennheiser-hd-428-hd-428s-modding-guide-january-2013/0_50

Apr 4, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #8 of 29
If you can, demo the skullcandy crushers. They are quite literally what you are looking for.

They aren't the best bass headphones, but they'll make you feel like your head is pressed up against the speaker in a club.

They don't sound bad either for the price.

Apr 17, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #10 of 29
Quote:
If you can, demo the skullcandy crushers. They are quite literally what you are looking for.

They aren't the best bass headphones, but they'll make you feel like your head is pressed up against the speaker in a club.

They don't sound bad either for the price.

do the skullcandy crushers still have good sound quality?

Apr 17, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #12 of 29
Quote:

do the skullcandy crushers still have good sound quality?

"Good"? Not so much. Decent, yes. They aren't wowing for the price point. Really if you are getting these its because of the vibrating bass effect. The bass actually lacks a bit without that, but on the plus side, that minimizes amount the other frequency ranges will be compromised. The midrange and highs do suffer slightly when the vibration feature is used, but not as badly as I'd have thought.

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

"Good"? Not so much. Decent, yes. They aren't wowing for the price point. Really if you are getting these its because of the vibrating bass effect. The bass actually lacks a bit without that, but on the plus side, that minimizes amount the other frequency ranges will be compromised. The midrange and highs do suffer slightly when the vibration feature is used, but not as badly as I'd have thought.

Mkay. Do you know if they would be great for Dubstep?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back