Over Ear Headphones Recommendation
Oct 24, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #16 of 34
Ryan, based on what you expect, this device should be a great fit for you. Beryllium acoustic. awesome audio quality. enhanced bass and treble quality. 32 ohm input impedance. also aptX Bluetooth 4.0. The only problem is the location, as this device is sold in USA. Why not try our new product: MOOH-BE00BT Beryllium Acoustic Bluetooth over-ear Headphone? https://www.amazon.com/Beryllium-headphone-high-speed-propagation-well-balanced/dp/B071HXD5RV/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508832106&sr=8-1&keywords=mooh-be00bt. People love audio quality will be thrilled. Beryllium diaphragm. Well balanced frequency response. Enhanced both treble and bass acoustic. called by audiophiles the best purchase in RMAF'17. comfortable ear pads and long-term listening experience. Extreme Clarity. aptX, Bluetooth 4.0, 32 hours Bluetooth playtime, work over the cable when battery is dead, operate in both wired and Bluetooth mode while charging. More at www.mo-electronics.com
You really like the copy/paste self advertising don't you

Dec 16, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #17 of 34
Sorry for such a late reply guys, I still haven't purchased my headphones yet. As it's coming up to Xmas I'm going to be getting a pair as a gift so I was going to select the Oppo PM-3. As I've read from the replies and the internet a portable amp will yield best results. I'm open to suggestions on what would be great with these headphones.

Thanks for the help!

Dec 16, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #18 of 34
Thanks for the replies! If I don't limit myself to a closed back style, are there better options out there to look at?

For closed, the NAD Viso 50 ($300 retail) is about $180 at the big A prime.

If wireless is a need, the Sennheiser PXC 550 (399 retail) is on sale at the sennheiser dot com site for 299, also noise cancelling, also has a wire if the battery runs out or you're indoors. A bit of a cost in sound quality though, but better by my ears than the Bose 35 or Sony 1000 Top Of The Line wireless sets.

For open back, I mean wide open back, Sennheiser 650 at the big A for $315 or so ... Sennheiser sells an auditory clone through Massdrop dot com for $199, but you have to wait until March 28 for shipment (though they usually ship early).

Massdrop as some other deals too, the AKG 7xx ships daily for $199 it is well regarded but I've not heard that one. Wide open back too.

Those are all true over the ear headphones.

Just saw your post above. D'oh.

I recently purchased the Schiit Modi / Vali stack. Their Modi Magni starts at $198. The Vali adds a tube for $50, but you'd want to replace it soon for $20 or $45. They are each the size of a medium paperback book and sit on a desk though the sound is great. Powered through wall wart or optional floor wart (which powers both).

I like my Fiio X1 portable digital player, that's $100. I guess the new edition has bluetooth.

Audioquest has some options starting at $100 that I hear good things about. Make sure the Oppo can be powered by whatever you buy.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #20 of 34
Sorry for such a late reply guys, I still haven't purchased my headphones yet. As it's coming up to Xmas I'm going to be getting a pair as a gift so I was going to select the Oppo PM-3. As I've read from the replies and the internet a portable amp will yield best results. I'm open to suggestions on what would be great with these headphones.

Thanks for the help!

If you can afford it, the Oppo HA-2SE really opens up the sound of the PM-3 and are a match made in heaven :)

Dec 18, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #22 of 34
You really like the copy/paste self advertising don't you
but, it's got that 'high speed sound propagation' we all love so much!
That is pretty gross...who does that, copy paste your amazon ad? Not cool.

Dec 20, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #26 of 34
...you twisted my arm. I bought the HA-2SE haha. Any thing I need to know for optimum setup? I plan to play a mixture of lossless music as well as standard mp3s through my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

Nothing special you need to know, just hook it up and enjoy. For the PM3 you shouldn't need high gain or bass boost :D

Dec 21, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #29 of 34
Considering that I have the Oppo PM-3 and the HA-2SE now, I don't really want to use my phone as a media device. Can anyone recommend something that will be a relatively good, cheap media player? I've looked at the Fiio products, but would love some suggestions if there's other brands to consider.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back