Over ear, closed back headphones advice
Oct 5, 2020 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Tsmr

New Head-Fier
I want new headphones and was considering the HD 280 pro because of it's isolation and durability. I also considered the akg k361 and m40x with replacement pads, but I'm leaning towards the sennheiser because of it's isolation. I would be using these at home for movies/series, gaming and music at school (which is why I prefer it to have rotateable ear cups) and while walking the dog. The cable of the sennheiser is the main con for me, because it's not detachable like the k361 and m40x, however I think I might be able to solder them should the need arise. My budget is around €80 but it can be a bit higher if the headphones are durable. Is the HD 280 pro a good choice or should I go for something else?

Oct 5, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #2 of 5
I used the HD 280's for about 10 years when I first got into the high end headphone hobby. I loved for what they were at time, an affordable good quality closed back headphone. However, the cable is an issue. I never took them out of the house because of the cable being so long. If you feel that you could replace the cable yourself, you may want to consider them. However, I would look for another headphone to use for portable convenience. I had a pair of Sennheiser Momentums 1.0 that gave a similar sound signature (more bass and less detail, but pleasant to listen to) and they are easy to travel with. My daughter uses them now.

Oct 5, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #3 of 5
Last edited:
Oct 5, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #4 of 5
I do indeed live close to Germany, but I am really hesitant to buy something like a momentum 2 for €45 on ebay. Besides the fact that the product is used, there is no other information on the state of the product, doesn't that mean the buyers protection is useless?

Oct 5, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #5 of 5
I do indeed live close to Germany, but I am really hesitant to buy something like a momentum 2 for €45 on ebay. Besides the fact that the product is used, there is no other information on the state of the product, doesn't that mean the buyers protection is useless?

Well, ebay has many restrictions on what warrants certain "conditions" and will work with PayPal in clearing that up. You can ask your mail carrier about those times when someone sends you a rock to thwart a weight restriction and such.

Also, you can meet up with the seller, provided that you feel that it is safe and you two can keep a safe distance from each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back