Oval velour replacement pads for V6, ATH-M30, Shure SRH
Mar 14, 2013 at 9:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

markanini

100+ Head-Fier
All models have interchangeable pad sizes daddy love himself some velour pads!

Known options:
Beyer DT250 replacements
Shure SRH940 replacements
Pearstone/Auray deluxe

Unconfirmed:
HD418/HD419/HD438/HD439

Please tell if you had a chance to compare the different velour pads side by-side.

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #2 of 16
A post mentioning the Shure pads being thicker than the Pearstones:http://www.head-fi.org/t/571216/koss-pro-dj-100-the-budget-king/1590#post_9205009

Pearstones referred to as shallower than stock M30 pads: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showpost.php?p=611907&postcount=10

In a private exchange a M30 user said the Pearstones were smaller and flatter than DT250 pads.

Hopefully we'll end up rating the thickness in order for all three. As you probably know the distance between the ear and driver has a large effect on the sound signature and comfort.

So far:
Shallow - Roomey
Pearstone>Beyer and Shure

Mar 21, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #8 of 16
My experience with the DT 250 velour pads was that they INCREASED low frequencies and dampened high frequencies.  I ended up returning the pads because they were more uncomfortable in size (ear opening) than the stock pads.  People may get different experiences with the frequency response depending on how tightly the pads seal the ear canals from the outside.

Mar 21, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #9 of 16
It would be great if we could get people to add the physical dimensions of the various pads to their posts.  I measured the ear opening (holes) in the Beyer pads and they were 1/4" less in height and 1/8" less in width than the stock Sony pads.  I didn't measure the outside height or width and have since returned the pads.

May 12, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #12 of 16
^ No idea. They seem pretty similar to the stock V6 pads though. 

The last time my pleathers wore out I decided I had enough of replacing earpads, so I got the Auray velours. Side by side against my friend's stock pad V6, the highs are definitely less sparkly, but I can't really tell without a side by side comparison. They are more comfortable than the stock pads. They also isolate slightly less. 

Thinking about saving up for the Auray Sheepskins if it makes the highs more sparkly, isolates better, and is still as durable as the velours. Does anyone have experience with them? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back