Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator
Jan 21, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #391 of 1,284
Try and decide for yourself. Both could be and should be used with wasapi event mode to get some improvement. J River has built in resampler which you have to use in order to get wasapi mode to work. Foobar2000 in addition to included resampler also can use SoX resampler which you can download by googling SoX plugin for foobar2000 (I prefer one over the stock one). Also foobar2000 is much easier to setup

Jan 23, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #394 of 1,284

I recommend TB Isone. The clarity of OOYH doesn't compare with Isone for critical listening. But the "room" of Isone is much smaller than OOYH.

Isone doesn't do surround sound though.

Thanks for the reply. I found out about TB Isone just a few hours ago, sounds great to me too. Would there be a way to have every sound processed through the Isone VST in real time? Ie: the isone plugin would process all sounds, whether it's spotify, wmp, games, youtube, etc...

Thanks

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #396 of 1,284
You may check out on Massdrop, twice already there was an offer for Out Of Your Head. The soft is indeed a bit too expensive, especially with the limitations it brings (if you change you want to install it on your second computer, if you change your computer or simply change OS, you have to buy a new license for your presets, 25$ each...). But via Massdrop, i could get it for half price, which convinced me to go for it...
You can suscribe to be notified if a new deal for it appears in the forthcoming weeks or months.

Jan 23, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #398 of 1,284
  You may check out on Massdrop, twice already there was an offer for Out Of Your Head. The soft is indeed a bit too expensive, especially with the limitations it brings (if you change you want to install it on your second computer, if you change your computer or simply change OS, you have to buy a new license for your presets, 25$ each...). But via Massdrop, i could get it for half price, which convinced me to go for it...
You can suscribe to be notified if a new deal for it appears in the forthcoming weeks or months.

Actually, if you change computers or OS, just contact us and let us know. We can transfer your licenses to a new machine.

If you want to license Out Of Your Head on two computers then you do have to buy preset licenses for the 2nd computer, which is $15 to $25 per preset.

Jan 24, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #400 of 1,284
They both provide "out of your head" sound virtualization.

You can upmix to surround in OOYH, too, by the way
smily_headphones1.gif
Doesn't provide as distinct a front/back difference though.

I was talking about comparing OOYH/DH with Isone. Cross-feed is also "out of your head," nobody will group that with all of these.

Jan 24, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #401 of 1,284
They both provide "out of your head" sound virtualization.

You can upmix to surround in OOYH, too, by the way
smily_headphones1.gif
Doesn't provide as distinct a front/back difference though.

Hi Dmbr, 

I've been looking into upmixing myself. I got a whole bunch of 5.1 music tracks and they sound phenomenal through 5.1. Some were unmixed, so I've been exploring technology like auto 3D, penteo, sound field, and waves um225/6. I just started last night, but so far, I can't get it to work. How did you use OOYH to upmix? Are you doing it through foobar plugins on PC? I'm on a Mac.

Also, how good (e.g., natural/artificial, spatialization accuracy, instrument separation, etc.) are the results in general and comparative to native surround?

Jan 25, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #404 of 1,284
Just a heads up, apart from the TB Isone VST for headphone virtualization, Beyerdynamic has a free VST as well, which you can find here: http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/virtual-studio.html. The 5.1 studio preset, I find, works great.

Jan 29, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #405 of 1,284
  TB Isone Surround does. And it's free.

Available here (version 2.9.1): http://www.toneboosters.com/download/

And it's IMO excellent, my favourite virtual surround by far. Maybe because it doesn't change the sound too much, kind of like the stereo version - it's subtle but effective without hurting clarity/details. It's probably a bit further from the sound of real speakers than something like OOYH though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back