Out of stock now - Altec Lansing IM716 $20 shipped from newegg
Apr 1, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #136 of 163
Mine have as well.

I need to get some resistors and get rid of that awful pod!

Apr 1, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #137 of 163
Just got a delivery notification
biggrin.gif
but they went to my house and I'm still at work
frown.gif

Apr 1, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #138 of 163
Got mine yesterday. I really enjoy listening to them this time around (had them before and sold them). I think last time I got them I had different expectations.
I have been listening to the new Elbow CD (the seldom seen kid) which is in my opinion one of the best recorded/mixed/mastered cd I have heard recently.

Yeah - I like the HD mode better, I just add a bit of low end in foobar 2k EQ.

Apr 1, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #139 of 163
Mine arrived today. At $20 they were a steal. Using them right now with my Ipod and Voyager amp. They sound very good. I set my Ipod to Flat EQ and then set the IEMs to Bass boost. Without these settings they tended to distort at higher volumes.

Apr 1, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #140 of 163
My Zune 30 can't come close to driving these. Luckily I've got a Xenos OHA sitting around gathering dust. Highs are better than my UM2/56 combo. These are very nice, actually. I'll have to try the podectomy.

Apr 2, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #141 of 163
My iPod Classic can drive them but they sound slightly anemic at a comfortable listening volume compared to my Headsix.

acidtrip is right. These are a steal for $20. They compare very favorably to both my UE SF5pro and ER-4S.

I should have bought more than one pair
frown.gif

Apr 2, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #147 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by KUNFUCHOPSTICKS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The thread needs to get buried so i don't feel like crap every time i see it.

God, I just found it and had to skip directly from page one to page 15 once I saw how much they were on amazon, better to end my misery quickly than drag it out over 15 pages...
frown.gif

Apr 2, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #148 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajstre24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha, sorry to bump it but does anyone know which ety foam replacements fit these? It looks like the ones meant for the er4 (er4-14f)might be the same.
Etymotic Research, Inc. - ER•4 Accessories

I have tried the ER4-14F's - they don't fit. I use them on my FS1's.

According to a previous thread the ER6i tips fit the IM716 (ER6i-14F). You can get them from iDealSound (ebay express storefront) for $13 shipped.

I personally tried the Westone Comply foam tips (long) - they work very well. Got mine from ebay express seller Freq City Sound for $12.75 shipped.

I might end up spending more on tips then I did on the phones...
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back