Out of stock now - Altec Lansing IM716 $20 shipped from newegg
Mar 27, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #91 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by KUNFUCHOPSTICKS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, for people blaming the guy who posted the deal on SD or whatever, i think we need to be more mature here. Also how do you know someone ordered 50 pairs? Is that just a rumor?

Quit being selfish, it not like you found this deal yourself, you were told about it. So don't go blaming others for spreading a good deal. You wouldn't have even heard about it if someone didn't tell you.

Who am I blaming? I'm not upset. I got a pair of headphones, so it's not a big deal. Posters can do what they want with the links. I just thought -- since this is a community -- that we would let our users have first crack at it. Perhaps that's a faulty assumption, but I don't see the harm in keeping things around here until the people here have an option to pick up a pair.

And sure, it's just a rumor, but someone stated that they were tracking the # of headphones they have, and it went from 77 to 0. Rumor? Sure. Credible? I'd say so, given to how prone individuals are to buying a huge number of on-sale items just to turn a profit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pickmyname /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Blame newegg for not limiting amount purchased. And btw, how do you know that someone bought over 50 pair? people say crap like that all the time just to f&&& with people.

No need for the language. My initial statement was in poor taste, so I apologize for that to the person it was directed to.

Mar 27, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #92 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by 465 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
incredible.. so, amazon and other sites, including newegg usually, sell it for 300% profit. Ridiculous.. I'll wait till the 701 is selling for $50, then.

Most of those sites sell for less than 5% profit. Either newegg got a deal on the last of the inventory, or they got tired of them taking up space, and just decided to get rid of them.

Mar 27, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #93 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cry Havoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just thought -- since this is a community -- that we would let our users have first crack at it. Perhaps that's a faulty assumption, but I don't see the harm in keeping things around here until the people here have an option to pick up a pair.

I like to think of Head-fi as a community too, but the facts show that it's hardly the case. Just look at the FS forums with all the IC threads popping up...

Mar 28, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #95 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yu2x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone got the tracking numbers ?

yap, got mine (ordered from Newegg)
Did you order from Newegg or Chiefvalue?

Mar 28, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #96 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by os2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yap, got mine (ordered from Newegg)
Did you order from Newegg or Chiefvalue?

NM, I just got it. It is UPS ground even though Newegg says 3 days shipping

Mar 28, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #97 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the sad or ironic thing is that a sizeable portion of the laymen that got in on this deal will dislike these iems due to improper seal issues, the relative bass light etymotic sound, or their lack of proper amplification. for example look at the newegg reviews, amazon reviews, or old threads from SD/FW when these were on sale last time.

x2 on that. I owned a pair, sold them because I didn't feel like removing the pod. I did buy a pair for $20 today, but without an amp, these phones are not going to be appreciated by most buyers. They are not the most comfortable phones, either, as you note. With the MiniboxE+, they sounded fantastic. But without an amp, almost impossible to drive. I bought them for $20 cause I might try to DIY the podectomy. If I mess it up, not much at stake. Or I can send them to Moon Audio to do the work, and for $60 total have an excellent pair of IEMs.

Mar 28, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #98 of 163
Man.......I thought I got a good deal paying $50. I would be all over this now, but I'm broke!

I hope this comes back again during the summer when I have a job again. Did Altec Lansing stop producing these.....hence the blowout prices??

Mar 28, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #99 of 163
out of interest, anyone else unable to log into their newegg account using firefox? I keep getting a validation text box pop up, and cannot log in at all. IE works fine, not validation box either.

weird. I shall E-mail them about it

Mar 28, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #101 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the sad or ironic thing is that a sizeable portion of the laymen that got in on this deal will dislike these iems due to improper seal issues, the relative bass light etymotic sound, or their lack of proper amplification. for example look at the newegg reviews, amazon reviews, or old threads from SD/FW when these were on sale last time.

You hit the nail on the head here. If you don't get a good seal with these puppies, they sound kind of weak. And I totally concur with the statement about the amp, in fact I only tried these on a bigger amp this last week, and was blown away by how good they can sound. And they're not really that bass shy with a good source/amp - more like balanced, not bass heavy like a some IEM's. I must be the anomaly with the tips though, I find the triflanges very comfortable, and I can get a perfect seal. Guess my ears were made for these.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #103 of 163
no international shipping....
frown.gif

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #104 of 163
Mine shipped as well. I'm getting it tomorrow since they shipped from the NJ warehouse. I love newegg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back