Out of stock now - Altec Lansing IM716 $20 shipped from newegg
Mar 27, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #77 of 163
I was the one who posted this over on SD, sorry about that. I thought it would be a good way to get others involved in higher end headphones, considering most people just buy the cheap stuff. I know there are people on SD who appreciate good quality audio with some of the input on speaker/home theater deals posted there. Plus I posted it over there once the deal had been alive for a while. Personally I did not buy a pair, but I figured others who might not check this site could benefit.

Mar 27, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #78 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by 77Pat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was the one who posted this over on SD, sorry about that. I thought it would be a good way to get others involved in higher end headphones, considering most people just buy the cheap stuff. I know there are people on SD who appreciate good quality audio with some of the input on speaker/home theater deals posted there. Plus I posted it over there once the deal had been alive for a while. Personally I did not buy a pair, but I figured others who might not check this site could benefit.

headfi members should of came first. it is earphones and iems that we are talking about.

Mar 27, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #79 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
headfi members should of came first. it is earphones and iems that we are talking about.

I just want to thank you for sharing this deal over at SD, 77Pat. Unless head-fi is the one selling the headphones at that price, than they don't hold ownership over the deal.

TSI, if you want to blame somebody, blame the guy that broadcasted that the deal came from this site. Because of that, I found the post that mentioned chiefvalue for $5 more, got in on the deal, and shared that with SD. Or, you can blame me, but I don't care. I bought a great new pair of headphones, which I needed because my others just broke.

Thanks again 77Pat, for not discriminating and sharing such a great deal!

Mar 27, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #80 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by 77Pat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Someone bought over 50 pair. Honest mistake, but please learn from it.
Quote:

Unless head-fi is the one selling the headphones at that price, than they don't hold ownership over the deal.

We don't hoard the deals to make a turn-around on the eBay markup value, either.

Mar 27, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #81 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by os2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chiefvalue stock has depleted as well.

gahh i was so close. It was instock when i clicked but the ordering process was so convoluted and I wanted it shipped to my college mailbox
frown.gif
. It would have been great since my im716s broke recently.

Mar 27, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #82 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by pickmyname /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just want to thank you for sharing this deal over at SD, 77Pat. Unless head-fi is the one selling the headphones at that price, than they don't hold ownership over the deal.

TSI, if you want to blame somebody, blame the guy that broadcasted that the deal came from this site. Because of that, I found the post that mentioned chiefvalue for $5 more, got in on the deal, and shared that with SD. Or, you can blame me, but I don't care. I bought a great new pair of headphones, which I needed because my others just broke.

Thanks again 77Pat, for not discriminating and sharing such a great deal!

If I want to blame someone? I already said what shall be said. the reason why people dont want these to be in deal sites is because there are too many scalpers.. we dont need people who buy 50 pairs of earphones to make personal profits.

and for you, good for you, we're all glad that you got a new pair of earphones.

Mar 27, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #83 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cry Havoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Blame newegg for not limiting amount purchased. And btw, how do you know that someone bought over 50 pair? people say crap like that all the time just to f&&& with people.

Quote:

We don't hoard the deals to make a turn-around on the eBay markup value, either.

You don't like to share either. Well, you personally don't. I'm not going to assume that everyone who visits this site is like you. Why do you deserve to be in on a deal, but I don't is a better question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and for you, good for you, we're all glad that you got a new pair of earphones.

Thanks! And, head-fi got exposure. Exposure = more members = more contributions. Win win!

Mar 27, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #84 of 163
the sad or ironic thing is that a sizeable portion of the laymen that got in on this deal will dislike these iems due to improper seal issues, the relative bass light etymotic sound, or their lack of proper amplification. for example look at the newegg reviews, amazon reviews, or old threads from SD/FW when these were on sale last time.

Mar 27, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #85 of 163
Quote:

Ok, for people blaming the guy who posted the deal on SD or whatever, i think we need to be more mature here. Also how do you know someone ordered 50 pairs? Is that just a rumor?

Quit being selfish, it not like you found this deal yourself, you were told about it. So don't go blaming others for spreading a good deal. You wouldn't have even heard about it if someone didn't tell you.

Mar 27, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #86 of 163
Typical telephone game. Someone earlier in the thread said "Someone must have ordered 50 pairs" and that turned into "Someone ordered 50 pairs". More likely 77 people ordered 77 pairs.

Mar 27, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #88 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjumper78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
saw this selling for 80 bucks on amazon and other sites.

incredible.. so, amazon and other sites, including newegg usually, sell it for 300% profit. Ridiculous.. I'll wait till the 701 is selling for $50, then.

Mar 27, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #89 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by 465 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
incredible.. so, amazon and other sites, including newegg usually, sell it for 300% profit. Ridiculous.. I'll wait till the 701 is selling for $50, then.

have fun waiting.
wink.gif

Mar 27, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #90 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by F155mph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doh I missed it! What is SD?

slickdeals i imagine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back