Ouch!! My tube blew up (W/pics)
Nov 14, 2004 at 2:18 AM Post #46 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller
Mr. Gilmore has lived 13 years longer than me and has'nt learned any real useful skills,like how to talk to people. I've seen 25 year old MARINE CORPS Drill Instructors who have better social skills.

How socially adept of you to make this comment
rolleyes.gif

Nov 14, 2004 at 5:42 AM Post #47 of 65
Actually Fred is right on the money. Think about it... Gilmore has all that knowledge and skill. And yet no tact or people skills at all. If he's married then I'm going to stick my hand into a garbage disposal while it's running!

Which while we're on the topic...

Knowing nothing about electronics or house wiring what made the breaker trip exactly? I assume that the fuse would blow long before anything like that would happen... but did it force a load back on it?

Nov 14, 2004 at 5:59 AM Post #48 of 65
The events of the last month or so sure have brought out the worst of people lately. This used to be a friendly community.

Doesn't really matter who's 13 years older, both are fighting like children now. I think those taking 'sides' on this thread and the whole SinglePower issue should step back and think about why you're posting like this. It's Head-Fi, and internet message board talking about electrical equipment like headphone amplifiers. Any sane person (ie: someone not associated with head-fi) would think all of you are crazy for getting so worked up over something so unimportant.

Sonics vs. Build Quality.. Fireman/Electrician vs. Engineer.. I'm not going to take sides here, I'm simply going to protest the war. It's not even the kids and stubborn old guys from the headphone forum fighting anymore.

-dd3mon

Nov 14, 2004 at 6:31 AM Post #49 of 65
IMNSHO, these threads have gotten real old real fast lately. Instead of debating the subject the thread was originally posted about it turns into a competition of who can trash the other's reputation the most and turns into quite a juvenile-looking thread. The conspiracy theory stuff being thrown around is just plain ridiculous. It is fine is you either strongly dislike or strongly like a certain manufacturer's equipment, but dragging personal attacks in whenever possible due to your like or lack thereof of certain equipment is just absurd. It's just audio equipment for crying out loud
rolleyes.gif

Nov 14, 2004 at 10:53 AM Post #51 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by john_jcb
All in all it cost about 7 grand to put those pictures together. I also have it on good authority that this was all paid for by a shadow audio organization. Funds were routed through several countries to avoid detection by the super sleuths here at Head-Fi.

I think you're wrong here John. I think it's pretty clear that all the funds came directly from Illinois. It is, after all, the new "axis of evil."
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2004 at 3:16 PM Post #53 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman
Gilmore....If he's married then I'm going to stick my hand into a garbage disposal while it's running!

That is a really base thing to say. And I'm saying this even though I'm not a Gilmore fanboy (i.e. I've dared ask about changes to his circuits). Might your comment be a sign of you being secretly covetous of Kevin's status around here?

Nov 17, 2004 at 6:55 PM Post #54 of 65
No... not at all. I just think with the incredible amount of knowledge and ability he has I'm amazed that he has absolutely no people skills and seems to enjoy being pompous and rude.

Nov 17, 2004 at 9:03 PM Post #55 of 65
Archos,

I tend to think Kevin has opinions about gear and that he states them in such a way that it can seem abrasive. One must take his opinions with a grain of salt. However, if like me you relish the sound of a Gilmore-designed amplifier Kevin's opinions may gel with yours however abrasive.

There are many members on this forum that I find foolish, needlessly abrasive, or downright rude. I simply utilize the ignore function.
biggrin.gif

Trevor

Nov 17, 2004 at 9:20 PM Post #56 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman
No... not at all. I just think with the incredible amount of knowledge and ability he has I'm amazed that he has absolutely no people skills and seems to enjoy being pompous and rude.

I like the way he (Kevin Gilmore) uses his incredible amount of knowledge and ability to break things down in such a non-fiction way. His opinions always seem based on facts. As far as no people skills......I know for fact he has gone out of his way to help at least one complete stranger out of a jam, without asking anything in return. So he absolutely has some people skills.

Nov 17, 2004 at 9:37 PM Post #58 of 65
This thread is just great.

Listen, let's understand one simple thing, not the science of tubes, not the place one broke... The fact we here have to fuss like children over who is better then who.

Everyone is guilty of it. TubeRoller, no offense, but in almost every thread i read, you seem to bolster your ego... You don't need to declare credentials to inform us soemthing, just be yourself. I think you do the same thing Kevin GIlmore does, which is prey off the fact people love you, (had it not been for that, would this thread have grown so big). I only see Kevin Gilmore post when he can usually shoot somebody down, or has a deep opinion. I guess you 2 have clashed here, how out of character that is?

I think you two guys are almost a pair. Why not just get along? No one is perfect.

I'm sure this message will get deleted.. I gave my 2 cents. I like both you guys, i just wish we all didn't always take ourselves too seriously.

Both of you guys outweigh my in means, income, and popularity. I don't think either of you are better or worse then me. I won't cope some holier then attitude against you guys, on the same respect, you guys shouldn't towards each other. Have some mutual respect. I won't berate anyone to get my point across, but i will speak from sincerity. Both of you guys are acting like children.

Nov 17, 2004 at 9:45 PM Post #59 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
This thread is just great.

Listen, let's understand one simple thing, not the science of tubes, not the place one broke... The fact we here have to fuss like children over who is better then who.

Everyone is guilty of it. TubeRoller, no offense, but in almost every thread i read, you seem to bolster your ego... You don't need to declare credentials to inform us soemthing, just be yourself. I think you do the same thing Kevin GIlmore does, which is prey off the fact people love you, (had it not been for that, would this thread have grown so big). I only see Kevin Gilmore post when he can usually shoot somebody down, or has a deep opinion. I guess you 2 have clashed here, how out of character that is?

I think you two guys are almost a pair. Why not just get along? No one is perfect.

I'm sure this message will get deleted.. I gave my 2 cents. I like both you guys, i just wish we all didn't always take ourselves too seriously.

Both of you guys outweigh my in means, income, and popularity. I don't think either of you are better or worse then me. I won't cope some holier then attitude against you guys, on the same respect, you guys shouldn't towards each other. Have some mutual respect. I won't berate anyone to get my point across, but i will speak from sincerity. Both of you guys are acting like children.

I thought you were one of the popular guys?
wink.gif
icon10.gif

Nov 17, 2004 at 9:46 PM Post #60 of 65
not me...
i'm the weirdo no one replies to Tom ; )

I just felt like saying something. Why do we all gotta fight like this.

It's taking this forum to levels of lame. Great, we have 2 amazing people here...
Invaluable assets to the forum, whom i have great respect for.

Yet they don't respect each other? Madnes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back