Ouch!! My tube blew up (W/pics)
Nov 17, 2004 at 10:01 PM Post #61 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
This thread is just great.

Listen, let's understand one simple thing, not the science of tubes, not the place one broke... The fact we here have to fuss like children over who is better then who.

Everyone is guilty of it. TubeRoller, no offense, but in almost every thread i read, you seem to bolster your ego... You don't need to declare credentials to inform us soemthing, just be yourself. I think you do the same thing Kevin GIlmore does, which is prey off the fact people love you, (had it not been for that, would this thread have grown so big). I only see Kevin Gilmore post when he can usually shoot somebody down, or has a deep opinion. I guess you 2 have clashed here, how out of character that is?

I think you two guys are almost a pair. Why not just get along? No one is perfect.

I'm sure this message will get deleted.. I gave my 2 cents. I like both you guys, i just wish we all didn't always take ourselves too seriously.

Both of you guys outweigh my in means, income, and popularity. I don't think either of you are better or worse then me. I won't cope some holier then attitude against you guys, on the same respect, you guys shouldn't towards each other. Have some mutual respect. I won't berate anyone to get my point across, but i will speak from sincerity. Both of you guys are acting like children.

I think kevin chimed in with an insult long before there were any other negative words. I don't have any real credentials as far as tubes and audio go. I have experience and some knowledge,which does not make me any more qualified to figure out why the tube failed than any other serious hobbist. I was there,saw the tube fail and know the facts surrounding that failure,KG can only guess. My backround probably does more to steer me in the wrong direction as to why the tube may have failed than most folks and I'm willing to admit that.

I don't need to bolster my ego one bit, I just don't like to be insulted by people who don't know me. If KG could claim that he knows me well and wanted to offer a real opinion on what I may and may not have knowledge of,then I'm game for that. As it stands,he's a just hurling insults and has no idea what he's talking about when he attacks me personally. He directly mentioned that I was uninformed and uneducated,two things that he is not only incorrect about but never really had any clue about in the first place. If you don't like what I say and think I "bolster my ego",then I suggest you use the ignore function cause I'm not very likely to change anytime soon.

Nov 17, 2004 at 10:08 PM Post #62 of 65
Geez fred!

Back up.

First look man, where did i say i dislike you? Don't say that man...
Listen tell me if i'm lying, if you don't apparantly take great pride in yourself(as i read a quote on this thread). What's so wrong with a dood loving himself? I just pointed out that both of you guilty of that syndrome, and that's why you 2 bate each other like that. It's not some advanced psychology, it's just casual observation.

Read it again, but only when your not angry. I see you 2 going at it, but lets say this, if in fact you 2 are upset at each other, how do u go anywhere by adding fuel to the fire?

Agree to disagree, move on. Both of you are guilty, and what's so bad about taking the high road, if u said nothing wrong (and believe that).

You both directly insulted each other. I observed that... Yet you go no where with expanding on it, and i think it directly negates our intention on sharing and communicating on this forum. It makes people have the wrong idea about
what we really want to do here, which is share enthusiasm for our headphone hobby.

Look man, why on earth would you not admit no ones perfect, and stand so angry on your position? I get constructive criticism all the time, it's what makes me a better man. If you can't deal with me talking to you like this, then i guess i won't bother you anymore. It takes all kinds man, why not let bygones be bygones. Taking things personally can be more dangerous then the assumptions you make about the other person.

Nov 17, 2004 at 10:12 PM Post #63 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
I like the way he (Kevin Gilmore) uses his incredible amount of knowledge and ability to break things down in such a non-fiction way. His opinions always seem based on facts. As far as no people skills......I know for fact he has gone out of his way to help at least one complete stranger out of a jam, without asking anything in return. So he absolutely has some people skills.

Again,I state that I have met and talked with the man and my opinions are not formed on heresay,or what I read on the internet. I have met personally most of the people I deal with and discuss frequently on these and other forums. Any opinion I form about anyone or anything is based on personal knowledge.

I'm sure there are folks who absolutly love KG and I happen to have some of those people as very good friends but I know for a fact that none of them have met him and only two have spoken with him.

I've met and talked with so many of the builders and reps of the gear we all use,I have long since lost track. My many visits to meets,trade shows etc. have allowed my these opportunites and when I say something(either good or bad) about these people,or bash or praise their products,you can bet your life I speak from experience.

Nov 17, 2004 at 10:31 PM Post #64 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller
Again,I state that I have met and talked with the man and my opinions are not formed on heresay,or what I read on the internet. I have met personally most of the people I deal with and discuss frequently on these and other forums. Any opinion I form about anyone or anything is based on personal knowledge.

I'm sure there are folks who absolutly love KG and I happen to have some of those people as very good friends but I know for a fact that none of them have met him and only two have spoken with him.

I've met and talked with so many of the builders and reps of the gear we all use,I have long since lost track. My many visits to meets,trade shows etc. have allowed my these opportunites and when I say something(either good or bad) about these people,or bash or praise their products,you can bet your life I speak from experience.

What does any of this have to do with my post? I was simply stating my opinion on Kevins posts and wether or not he has absolutely no people skills. I never mentioned you, was not thinking of you in any way, and dont know why your even answering my post? I guess your basing your post on assumption, because I never said anything about you, or your audio Knowledge, or your friends, in my post.
BTW, I personally love no one on this site. I enjoy some peoples posts, and dont like some of the others. As far as your knowledge of audio gear...it's like the rest of ours, simply your opinion. It may be based on more listening time than some and less than others, but still just opinion. Have a great night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back