Ottawa Regional meet - September 2015 - respond here
Jul 10, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #16 of 154
I will be bringing a TH 900, a NAD M51 and a Melodius MX-U8 as well as my Norne Solv X speaker tap cable.

Jul 12, 2015 at 4:48 AM Post #17 of 154
Holy crap, ive  been working so much lately, how did i miss this thread?! Lol, you guys know im in, and yes i'd love to help organize. I love the goal of hosting our own CanJam. Im not shy to contact any vendors or ask for sponsors. Just point me in the right direction. Let me know your availiability for organizers meet. Maybe we could change the title to Ottawa, Kingston, Toronto, Montreal Regional meet and hopefully get some interest from those communities and seriously get this bigger than we would ever dream of!~

Jul 14, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #20 of 154
I would also suggest something a little more central than Nepean. Legions rent out space as does the public library. I agree that the odds of more than 20 for this particular meet is low.

Jul 14, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #21 of 154
I'm all ears for other options and prices.
Smaller room at the Sportsplex is $240+HST and  holds 15 people.
Larger room for not much more makes more sense, more so if vendors are going to attend/display.

Jul 14, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #22 of 154
  I'm all ears for other options and prices.
Smaller room at the Sportsplex is $240+HST and  holds 15 people.
Larger room for not much more makes more sense, more so if vendors are going to attend/display.

I think for this meet vendors are unlikely to attend so we should approach it as a smaller member only meet. What do people think about a more central location being found? I assume we have people from all over the area so the more central the location the more convenient.

Jul 14, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #24 of 154
maybe the sandy hill community centre?

I work right beside there, and yes that seems like a fairly central location with decent public transit access as well as access for drivers. I will see if they rent out space and present my findings. Cheers.

Jul 14, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #25 of 154
I am definitely in and should be able to bring all my gear to this date as I should have it all back from various loans!

My new gear includes production versions of the HE-1000, Ether and hopefully the Dharma 1000, as well as a Yggrasil and Ragnarok, and Gustard X20.

My only issue is that I am only available the weekend of Sept 11/12 as I will be at Burning Man (5/6), TommorrowWorld (26/27), and in Germany for the 19/20.

If it doesn't work out that I can make it to a date, I'd love if someone could meet me and bring my gear to the event - provided it's not all repeats of stuff that's already coming!

Jul 14, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #26 of 154
There is no law forcing us to make it September, at this point if enough people had a preference we could move to early October, or seek a date that would work for you in September. Personally, either a September or October meet work for me just as well so depending on the groups preferences I'm in with any date. I wonder if we could get some more input from people about whether or not they have preferences or dates that just won't work. With some more input we could propose a date that is most agreeable to the majority of interested people. I would love to have as large a meet as possible and if that meant a reasonable delay such as early October I see no reason to not at least consider this possibility. So let's get some votes/input from others.

Jul 15, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #28 of 154
My vote officially is for an October date. Anybody else?

Aug 2, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #30 of 154
Hi friends,

Sorry for missing the July meeting! I don't sign in often. Sonic Defender should have my phone number and/or e-mail. Feel free to contact me directly in the future. :)

Nowadays I had my bluebirds stolen but on the up-side bought koss-portapros to replace them. I'm probably buying another set of cans before October so maybe I'll grab something quirky for us all to fiddle around with. I also fixed the ridiculous amounts of problems I had with my music server in the last meet so now all 15,000 of my albums are accessible as a proper source at the meet. (edit: although, in October-ish I may be rebuilding my NAS to a larger capacity so who knows if I'll have all my files migrated or not)

I also vote for late October because I'm going to be busy with a conference mid-to-late September. Can't wait to see everyone again!

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back