Ottawa Regional meet - September 2015 - respond here
Oct 13, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #46 of 154
While I know some can drive, I still think it will create a nightmare of logistics. I'm sure many people won't be able to make it, what about you need to go, but your ride wants to stay or vice versa? I'm not big on rural settings for I'm sure an urban based group of people. Beyond a nice setting I feel the negatives outweigh the positives, but that is just my opinion.

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #48 of 154
While I know some can drive, I still think it will create a nightmare of logistics. I'm sure many people won't be able to make it, what about you need to go, but your ride wants to stay or vice versa? I'm not big on rural settings for I'm sure an urban based group of people. Beyond a nice setting I feel the negatives outweigh the positives, but that is just my opinion.
really good points. Im going to agree with you. Lets pick a date and ill ask my friend to book the conference room at their condo.

Oct 13, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #49 of 154
Excellent, I will start contacting members directly, how about the last Sunday in November? Lots of time, it is a Sunday, hopefully few people work Sunday, no exams on Sunday's for students.

Oct 13, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #51 of 154
Perfect. In time for cyber Monday shopping too lol. He's on his honeymoon till the 22nd. I'll have a more concrete answer by then. It's the soho on lisgar. If that doesn't pan out. I'll pay for the one on lebreton flats.

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #55 of 154

I for one will be in town on November 29, so that works for me. :)

Nice. Good to know. So that counts as another vote for the 29th.

Oct 21, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #56 of 154
Hey guys, I would really like to be able to get involved in this but after reading the thread, I'm not sure I understand where it is and when it's happening.
I also don't know what sort of stuff I should bring to one of these.

If someone would like to bring me up to speed, I'd definitely like to get involved any way I can.

Also, I probably have 1 or 2 people who I could bring with me.

Oct 21, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #57 of 154
  Hey guys, I would really like to be able to get involved in this but after reading the thread, I'm not sure I understand where it is and when it's happening.
I also don't know what sort of stuff I should bring to one of these.

If someone would like to bring me up to speed, I'd definitely like to get involved any way I can.

Also, I probably have 1 or 2 people who I could bring with me.

We are going to hold the meet in a recreation room at one of two downtown condo buildings so you just need to plan to get to the downtown core area. You can bring any gear you want, or nothing and just come and listen to the gear that will be available. If you have gear and would like to bring it, by all means feel free to do so. And yes, do bring friends with you as long as we know how many ahead of time to make sure we have enough room that is great. The meets are fun and you get to meet nice people and hear some great gear so for sure it is worth coming out. Sometimes you get lucky and if you were considering purchasing a headphone or something else, perhaps somebody will have it and you can hear before you buy.

As for date it looks like November 29th (the last Sunday in November). Typically events start at about 11am and go until around 4pm, or maybe later if people are having a good time.

Oct 21, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #58 of 154
Cool! I'll definitely come along and bring with my Audeze EL-8C and my Westone W20s.
I'll also definitely have 1 friend and I'll report back after talking with another.
I'm also pretty sure that November 29th works well for me.

Oct 21, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #59 of 154
  Cool! I'll definitely come along and bring with my Audeze EL-8C and my Westone W20s.
I'll also definitely have 1 friend and I'll report back after talking with another.
I'm also pretty sure that November 29th works well for me.

Nice, I don't think anybody else has either of those so they will be great to bring. Oh, and you can only bring beautiful women, that's a new rule we have enough guys coming
biggrin.gif
 (Just joking).

Oct 21, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #60 of 154
Hahaha I don't know about beautiful women...
But my one friend who confirmed has Bose IE2 and Shure se215
And my other friend that might come, who I've yet to talk to has Beyerdynamic DT990 600 ohms and the Sony MDR-1R

.. for whatever that's worth
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back