Ottawa Region 2015 Head-fi Meet - Respond here
Mar 11, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #121 of 275
are we still good for Tmr brotha? I was reading the other Ottawa meet thread from few years ago, you live near the airport? I can definitely come to the south if that's more convenient.

Matt has moved so make sure to get an update.

Mar 11, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #122 of 275
are we still good for Tmr brotha? I was reading the other Ottawa meet thread from few years ago, you live near the airport? I can definitely come to the south if that's more convenient.

I'm actually on the west end of town now.  I have a thing I have to take my wife to closer to your side of town tomorrow around 11:30 at the General Campus Hospital.  Any chance of meeting up around then in that general area?  It wouldn't be for long, but long enough to figure out if the buzzing problem is inherent to the design of the buds or just your batch.

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #123 of 275
So I paid Planet of Sound a visit yesterday and bought the e200 - very nice sounding and so much more portable than my Vsonic GR07. I'll post more impressions as I get used to them. So far I'm impressed at the bass extension from this mere 8 mm driver.

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #126 of 275
Hifiman he500, $650.... is this a good price? Someone is selling them on kijiji, I'd like to buy them, but I'd like a deal. Suggestions?

You can do better I think than that. You can get the 560 here for $650US so for the exchange rate, the performance improvement is well worth it. If that is Canadian dollars, and for a used set of I wouldn't want to pay more than $550 for the HE 500 given how many used pairs are out there.

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #127 of 275
You can do better I think than that. You can get the 560 here for $650US so for the exchange rate, the performance improvement is well worth it.

thanks, i saw 560 on cam $750, was thinking to myself extra $100 prob better buy. Also i realised i can get lcd 2 for around that also. I should of gave both a better audition. Maybe i should hold out till next meet to make a decision on which to chase.

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #128 of 275
thanks, i saw 560 on cam $750, was thinking to myself extra $100 prob better buy. Also i realised i can get lcd 2 for around that also. I should of gave both a better audition. Maybe i should hold out till next meet to make a decision on which to chase.

I'm biased, but based on reading many posts from LCD users who purchased the 560, there are even a few LCD 3 users who preferred the 560 and sold their LCD 3s! The LCD 2 will be warmer, but for me, the extra texture and sparkle of the 560 is really hard to pass up. Anyway, you can come over sometime soon if you like and listen to the 560.

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #129 of 275
I'm biased, but based on reading many posts from LCD users who purchased the 560, there are even a few LCD 3 users who preferred the 560 and sold their LCD 3s! The LCD 2 will be warmer, but for me, the extra texture and sparkle of the 560 is really hard to pass up. Anyway, you can come over sometime soon if you like and listen to the 560.

I appreciate that, and I'll definitely take you up on your offer, well work sometime out. How about this sens vs habs game though wow.

Mar 12, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #130 of 275
I appreciate that, and I'll definitely take you up on your offer, well work sometime out. How about this sens vs habs game though wow.

Yah, sad the first half of the season they weren't putting the effort in. Anderson kept them alive, but had they as a team been working harder they wouldn't be 9 points back despite all of this excellent play. You never know, maybe Boston will lose 5 straight games!

Mar 12, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #131 of 275

Here is a recent post from a head-fier in Finland about the 560:

"It truly has great sound. Was choosing between HE-560 and Audeze LCD-2 fazor and HE-560 was more to my liking. Had audition in a local store and the owner was assuring me that Audeze had better sound. My music taste is very broad and after spinning couple of my favorites trough Tidal in the store the HE-560 was doing better job overall."

You should come over sometime, maybe this Monday and take an hour and just listen to uninterrupted songs. I'm at Bank and Walkley, so pretty close to you.

Mar 12, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #132 of 275
Here is a recent post from a head-fier in Finland about the 560:

"It truly has great sound. Was choosing between HE-560 and Audeze LCD-2 fazor and HE-560 was more to my liking. Had audition in a local store and the owner was assuring me that Audeze had better sound. My music taste is very broad and after spinning couple of my favorites trough Tidal in the store the HE-560 was doing better job overall."

You should come over sometime, maybe this Monday and take an hour and just listen to uninterrupted songs. I'm at Bank and Walkley, so pretty close to you.

I definitely will, Monday sounds great, I'm guessing the evening?

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #133 of 275
I definitely will, Monday sounds great, I'm guessing the evening?

It would be during the late afternoon, but it may have to hold for another day as I have had one glitch after another putting a lot of time pressure on this Monday. My only real day off and I am going for an eye-exam and a hair-cut. I'll PM you if we can do the Monday, perhaps in the early evening around say 5pm seems like the best shot, but I'll really try to make it work for that day as I know you are trying to make a decision soon.

Mar 13, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #134 of 275
So I paid Planet of Sound a visit yesterday and bought the e200 - very nice sounding and so much more portable than my Vsonic GR07. I'll post more impressions as I get used to them. So far I'm impressed at the bass extension from this mere 8 mm driver.

The grille on the left earbud is gone!  It must have come off when I was changing tips.  Not a problem sound-wise, still I'm glad I took the $10 no-questions-asked replacement warranty because they do seem a bit fragile.

But darn it I like how they sound.  Warm and non-fatiguing, yet nicely detailed in the lower end.  I know I have something good on my ears when I can easily pick out cellos and double-basses that are playing the same part.

Mar 13, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #135 of 275
It would be during the late afternoon, but it may have to hold for another day as I have had one glitch after another putting a lot of time pressure on this Monday. My only real day off and I am going for an eye-exam and a hair-cut. I'll PM you if we can do the Monday, perhaps in the early evening around say 5pm seems like the best shot, but I'll really try to make it work for that day as I know you are trying to make a decision soon.

You have my number, just let me know. I have an interview at 3, but free rest of the day. On another note, i just bought the audio technica msr7 on massdrop. Really excited been eyeing this set to be my closed back set for awhile. Comes with a stand and modmic for free. Just a bonus lol.

The grille on the left earbud is gone!  It must have come off when I was changing tips.  Not a problem sound-wise, still I'm glad I took the $10 no-questions-asked replacement warranty because they do seem a bit fragile.

But darn it I like how they sound.  Warm and non-fatiguing, yet nicely detailed in the lower end.  I know I have something good on my ears when I can easily pick out cellos and double-basses that are playing the same part.

I agree, feels a little fragile.... they replaced my defective pair after listening to what i was complaining about. But boy do they sound amazing for what they are. Only real peeve for me is getting the right fit, i think i need a set of after market tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back