Ottawa Region 2015 Head-fi Meet - Respond here
Mar 4, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #91 of 275
Speaking of the V-Moda XS, Headphone Bar has an opened-box set for $169 right now.  I really liked that one, such a nice, full sound in such a small package, and so stylish too... but my wallet needs a break right now :frowning2:

Mar 4, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #92 of 275
  Speaking of the V-Moda XS, Headphone Bar has an opened-box set for $169 right now.  I really liked that one, such a nice, full sound in such a small package, and so stylish too... but my wallet needs a break right now :frowning2:

I'm selling mine for $100 US and they are mint and I still have all the original packaging as well. Certainly cheaper than headphonebar and no tax to boot.

Mar 4, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #93 of 275

Yes give me a day or two to get them onto my pc and then uploaded onto flickr
As i said to Delirious Lab. Also do you know which grados those were? I was trying to figure out which model they were....

I dont think those LCD2's belonged to Greamlin correct me if im wrong, however congrats on the purchase, may i ask where you got them from?

l am sorry for the confusion, the lcd2s were mine, and l thought you held the lcd3s @ the meet( my mind was also a bit somewhere off) . also congrats to Darkware on the purchase, l know l gotta spend more time with mine.

Mar 4, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #94 of 275
  We will have to put the start time back a little bit folks as the Executive Director is here until noon and he of course doesn't want people around while he is working. He is planning on working until around noon so to be safe as he is often late I am going to say we should meet here for 1:30pm. We can decide if we want to stay later or if we have enough time from 1:30 - 4pm. Sorry about this, but he wasn't able to get all of his work done during the week and he comes in on Sunday when he needs to. For those of you who haven't already done so, please PM me a contact phone number as it makes things easier. Cheers.

For those coming from the west side of town, take note that Rideau St between Sussex and Nicholas is closed to cars all weekend due to a construction crane removal (it is still open for pedestrians).

On behalf of everyone who showed up, I'd like to thank you Mark for hosting the meet yesterday.  It was lots of fun and for me a great opportunity to listen to top-notch gear and set some essential life objectives for myself *cough LCD-3 cough cough*

Benoit

lt was great to hear some of the rigs @ the meet,and even greater to meet all the friendly people also who do not think spending more then $XXXX on an audio rig is weird. Gotta give an applause for Mark for hosting this event.
Happy listening till the next time

Thanks Sonic Defender for organizing it, I had a lot of fun trying out new stuff. Yeah Greamlin, your LCD2s made my heart flutter, so much so that I already purchased one for myself :). If I am available, I will definitely come out to the next one! 

Heres the photos!!! click on the photo to enlarge and click on Original to see a larger version. I realised i didnt get everything, i guess i was too busy checking out stuff hehe. 
Heres the Album link, i didnt know how to put the photos into a spoiler.... sorry to those with slower internet and ram :S

https://www.flickr.com/photos/129746844@N05/sets/72157651167808501/

Mar 5, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #95 of 275
beautiful, beautiful pictures of the meet, our patience has been rewarded.
regular_smile .gif
( gonna have to turn a couple pics into my background image )

Mar 7, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #97 of 275
Anyone have any input on the oppo ha2? My next purchase I'm looking at the audeze el8, master and dynamic 40, or oppo pm3.... any input on this? Or should i just get a used lcd2?

Mar 7, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #98 of 275
  Thanks! Im going to assume the photos of your gear? :p

Only 1 pic is of my gear( WA7s) ,  also snagged "The Beast" (65lb amp),and a shot of the LCD3s,

Anyone have any input on the oppo ha2? My next purchase I'm looking at the audeze el8, master and dynamic 40, or oppo pm3.... any input on this? Or should i just get a used lcd2?

(Had to cruise the forums a bit) Design wise not audeze el8, ( might sound amazing but the design is not for me, it is the 1 side "hinge" designs that l do not want my HPs to have) , M&D40 l'd personally got for the gunmetal /black combo, but that kinda starts reminding me of my ath-50s on loan, Oppo-3s closed orthos eh? hmm... got me interested, design is simple and elegant not a complete bank breaker, also thinking about replacing your cayin 5, with a ha2, l've heard good things about the C5, personally l do not need the cover on the Ha2, BUT covers are useful. hmm.... l'd say get what you'd think would give a nice loving home, & not to be neglected over the years :p

Mar 8, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #99 of 275
  Only 1 pic is of my gear( WA7s) ,  also snagged "The Beast" (65lb amp),and a shot of the LCD3s,

(Had to cruise the forums a bit) Design wise not audeze el8, ( might sound amazing but the design is not for me, it is the 1 side "hinge" designs that l do not want my HPs to have) , M&D40 l'd personally got for the gunmetal /black combo, but that kinda starts reminding me of my ath-50s on loan, Oppo-3s closed orthos eh? hmm... got me interested, design is simple and elegant not a complete bank breaker, also thinking about replacing your cayin 5, with a ha2, l've heard good things about the C5, personally l do not need the cover on the Ha2, BUT covers are useful. hmm.... l'd say get what you'd think would give a nice loving home, & not to be neglected over the years :p

Trust me, nothing will get  neglected lol! I guess i have to wait and see how i like the k7xx's when they finally arrive this week -_-, longest wait ever, this is worse than getting items shipped from china lol. Sound comes first for me, i really dont care how the set looks, second would be comfortability, for longer sessions. And third would be how well they hold their value. As Mark and i spoke about at the meet, this hobby is like you have things on lease. Try it out for awhile, take a loss and sell em if they arent for you, until you find that one you wanna buy out on the lease, in this case youve already bought it out. Add to your collection, rinse and repeat. I guess my question on those sets is a bit unfair, i know they are new additions to the market, so no real reviews or first hand auditions have been implemented. I guess i gotta "lease" them and see for myself.

Also there are two photos of people in them up there, one has a dude standing enjoying music, and the other have a bunch of people smiling as an asian guy is pulling on cables. Which one were you? I thought you were the one pulling cables. So does the LCD3 belong to the one in the first photo? I swear he said he owned both sets lol.

Mar 8, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #100 of 275
I finally get around to posting.  It's been a busy week.  Not baby busy just yet, but the regular kind of busy.  Big thanks go out to Mark for getting us all together and providing the roof for us to do so.  It's been a while since I gave myself some serious listening time, but the meet inspired me to crank out a few solid albums on my Fubar setup, and I'd forgotten how nice it sounds.  I think I'll regulate my Xonar back to just speaker duty for a while.

I was very impressed by the variety of gear present.  From vintage Koss phones to top of the line orthros there was a little something for everybody.  The Hifiman 560 and both of the LCDs were standouts for me, as were the UE-10s.  If I didn't have a kid on the way I would consider spoiling myself with one of those come tax return time (any day now...), though I did see that the Senn HD600 would be a suitable side step for a gentler sound signature than my MS2i at a far more comfortable price point.  So many choices so little money.

Big thanks to everyone that came, and again to Mark for putting it together.  It was nice chatting with people that don't look at me like I have two heads when talking about hi-fi stuffs.

Mar 8, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #101 of 275
It was fantastic that you made it out Matt, really great to see you again. You should post in this thread when your little girl is born. I guess you won't have much time for music in the coming months so take a few hours over the next few days and spoil yourself while you can! All the best to you and your wife Matt, cheers.

Mar 9, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #102 of 275
Is there a market for custom cables in Ottawa? I would be using occ silver core cables and either viablue, oyaide, ATL jacks, options of sleeving using paracord or PET sleeving, and ofcourse the proprietary connector for your phones. Also could do balanced cables for those high end amps. I know how to make headphone cables, just never knew there was a market for it. Obviously it would be for all cable type such as 3.5mm to 3.5mm male, 3.5mm to rca, rca etc....

Mar 9, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #103 of 275
There would be a market, but small and only worthwhile if you didn't need to purchase tons of supplies etc, You would also be serving TO and Montreal as well as other surrounding regions. If you really are interested perhaps you could be a partner for Norne Audio as he is swamped e could work something out to have you make his Canadian customers cables? Anyway, I would be willing to have a cable made by you. I have a few project needs now, but they are smaller than full on cables.

Mar 9, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #104 of 275
You guys are a terrible influence.  I was casually looking around on Amazon looking for ideas to spend tax money on when I came across a sale on my wishlist.  Long story short I now have a pair of HD650s on the way.  They have them for a few bucks cheaper than the HD600 at the moment surprisingly.  So yeah, after several years of contentment with my Alessandros I'm slipping to the dark side, or slightly veiled side as some people would say.  I was out, and you guys drug me and my wallet back in.  Thanks for that.  No seriously, thanks.

Mar 9, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #105 of 275
You're welcome1 Good choice, and if the price was under $400CAD it should be a pretty solid investment. Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back