Ottawa Region 2015 Head-fi Meet - Respond here
Apr 12, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #196 of 275
Ok... first things first , Grats to Matt for the life changing event. and also like to say that Madison is a beautiful name for the little one.l have also been TRYING to stay away from HF ( and the "upgradeitis" it brings and save some cash for some potential Angies, though l still need to buy that video card that l've been meaning to buy since the meet,but again since l am a miser as well as a procrastinator l am pretty much doomed  :p. hahaha.

@ Bikeboy999

l'm in "Navan" area, just off innis close to the "smart center" with the movie theater, wallmart, and gym,  what part of Orleans are you in? we could meet up and share our gear later on.

Apr 12, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #197 of 275
Ok... first things first , Grats to Matt for the life changing event. and also like to say that Madison is a beautiful name for the little one.l have also been TRYING to stay away from HF ( and the "upgradeitis" it brings and save some cash for some potential Angies, though l still need to buy that video card that l've been meaning to buy since the meet,but again since l am a miser as well as a procrastinator l am pretty much doomed  :p. hahaha.

@ Bikeboy999

l'm in "Navan" area, just off innis close to the "smart center" with the movie theater, wallmart, and gym,  what part of Orleans are you in? we could meet up and share our gear later on.
which video card you planning to get? I'm a nerd when it comes to pc's lol. Mine is fully custom meaning every single wire inside was modded my case was custom modded, my motherboard is even repainted. Obviously fully watercooled.

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #198 of 275
l was thinking of getting a gigabyte gtx 970(have an evga 570gtx atm), l have not done as much extensive modding as you have (if my imagination goes not fail me :p) everything is "stock" on this pc ( cept replaced the cpu fan/heatsink -> an Antec hydrokuler one )but future-proofed when l bought the parts and built it about 3-4 years ago.

Apr 16, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #199 of 275
  By the way, listening to a PHA 3 driving the Z7, sounds really good!

http://www.ncix.com/detail/sennheiser-momentum-over-ear-headphones-8b-82214-1079.htm
i remember you were inquiring about these at one point
  l was thinking of getting a gigabyte gtx 970(have an evga 570gtx atm), l have not done as much extensive modding as you have (if my imagination goes not fail me :p) everything is "stock" on this pc ( cept replaced the cpu fan/heatsink -> an Antec hydrokuler one )but future-proofed when l bought the parts and built it about 3-4 years ago.

What games do you play? gtx570 is pretty able. i7 2700k?

Apr 16, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #200 of 275
I'm also an Ottawa member.... Barrhaven to be exact.  My "hi fi" gear consists of just my Fiio X5 and Sennheiser over ear Momemtums that I us mostly at work.

As the father of a 2 year old, any extra money I get is going towards other things other than gear, lol.

At home I have decent speakers and a Denon Receiver on my network that I play music from, but rarely get the chance to crank it. (see previous comment on 2 year old).

Are there many Ottawa folks on here?

Apr 16, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #201 of 275
Probably everybody subscribed to this thread is from Ottawa and adjacent areas.

I play my music through my Zu Essence speakers -- and I do crank it up.  My kids are all grown up and have their own families so no problems with loud music here.

Apr 16, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #202 of 275
  I'm also an Ottawa member.... Barrhaven to be exact.  My "hi fi" gear consists of just my Fiio X5 and Sennheiser over ear Momemtums that I us mostly at work.

As the father of a 2 year old, any extra money I get is going towards other things other than gear, lol.

At home I have decent speakers and a Denon Receiver on my network that I play music from, but rarely get the chance to crank it. (see previous comment on 2 year old).

Are there many Ottawa folks on here?

Welcome. There are at least 15 people from Ottawa here, plus I'm sure quite a few lurkers. Would you like to me to our next meet I July? It will be a blast.

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #204 of 275

I am musiking [listening to lots of music] in montreal and will try hard to get to any July meet that's happening.

Great, just stay tuned into this thread. Cheers.

May 6, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #207 of 275
So as i mentioned before i joined that OPPO PM-3 loaner program. My unit arrives for loan for a week either tomorrow or thursday. Im down to do a mini-meet at my place if anyone wants to. Ive acquired quite the collection since our last meet.  Let me know guys we have a week to check this set out before i have to ship it out to the next guy.

May 6, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #209 of 275
  So as i mentioned before i joined that OPPO PM-3 loaner program. My unit arrives for loan for a week either tomorrow or thursday. Im down to do a mini-meet at my place if anyone wants to. Ive acquired quite the collection since our last meet.  Let me know guys we have a week to check this set out before i have to ship it out to the next guy.

So funny, I did the same thing and went on a Sony binge picking up a PHA 3, a Z7 and a MDR 1A. I've since sold the Z7 and PHA 3, but picked up a TH 900 (very nice headphone).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back