Ottawa, let's get together!
Sep 9, 2004 at 8:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

Zanth

SHAman who knew of Head-Fi ten years prior to its existence
Alrighty! It's a new semester, my work load has actually decreased some...and I'm willing to organize a meet. This time I would prefer it be at someone else's house and/or better yet a school, pub, hotel etc. I'm willing to treck my stuff over there given that I have a ride. I would also like to organize this well, perhaps even having it at the national speaker research insitute at the NRCC. I will need some help to organize this scale of a meet. I would hope to get some really awesome stuff, perhaps get Divergent to send some ASL stuff, maybe some Classe gear too....I don't want to go too crazy but I want this one to be a meet to remember. These Americans are seriously showing us up
smily_headphones1.gif

I would prefer it closer to Christmas, gives me time to prepare and also eliminates any problems with school. Just prior to the holidays would be great, we can avoid folks taking off for vacation as well.

Sep 19, 2004 at 1:44 PM Post #2 of 54
Hello Zanth,

Like your idea about the Research location and in a few months makes sense to me. I'm in South Shore Montreal with a Headroom Max (prior to 2001) and Senn 580 if this can be of inerest to the group.

Robert
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 26, 2004 at 1:30 PM Post #3 of 54
Cool! Doesn't seem we have generated much interest among the Ottawa residents. Perhaps they don't venture in here? I may have to post in the members lounge.

Oct 7, 2004 at 4:46 PM Post #4 of 54
I was at your last meet ( I brought the wine ).

For this meet I have lots of little pieces for audition

Mint amp in Altoid tin
Headsave Classic fully loaded
Rega Ear - heavily modded
Porta Corda

AKG-501
Senn HD-590
Senn HD-540 Reference
er6
westone um2

late in the year is fine by me.

Oct 11, 2004 at 3:57 AM Post #6 of 54
Okay so we have some new interest in this thread! I'm in if it is even just us three or 4. If it is kept at this scale, then I'm willing to host it at my house. I'll give this another month to run and if by say...mid Nov we have not heard back from anyone else, then I'll set something up.

This time the wine is on me
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 22, 2004 at 1:08 AM Post #7 of 54
I am interested, but I don't have much to contribute I am afraid, since I am new to this stuff. Oh well, I guess I could bring more beer and wine to make up for it?
etysmile.gif

Nov 25, 2004 at 5:26 AM Post #9 of 54
I'm about to move, and as such my limited time has now become even more limited. Once I'm unpacked, I would be willing to go ahead attending a meet. This is in the new year for me. Unless someone else organizes this and I can just pop in with my gear.

Dec 6, 2004 at 12:54 AM Post #10 of 54
I can host.. but I dont live in a big place so there cannot be a lot of people. More than 6 and I think it would get crowed. That being said I won't be back in Ottawa until after the New Year, so we can figure out something then.

Jan 25, 2005 at 3:39 PM Post #11 of 54
Well, it's not getting any warmer here....Anyone interested in a meet?
I'm in Chelsea in a largish rented house and could possibly host. If there are no cat or dog allergies and if I can dump the kids on their grandparents for a few hours.

Jan 26, 2005 at 4:32 AM Post #12 of 54
I had totally forgot about this
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm still interested and can still host as long as we are under 6 people. Weekends would probably be best for me as I'm quite busy from Monday to Friday.

I'm in the South Keys area.

Jan 26, 2005 at 4:51 AM Post #13 of 54
My life is really busy as well. Weekends would certainly be best for me. Later in February is best (or at least after the 15th).

Jan 26, 2005 at 8:26 PM Post #14 of 54
Sounds good Zanth.. maybe we should set a date so that it won't keep getting pushed back

How's February 20, 2005 for everyone? I'm staying in Ottawa for most of my break that week.

Whoever is interested can either reply here or shoot me a pm and I'll start up a list of people attending and the gear they can bring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back