Ottawa, let's get together!
Feb 16, 2005 at 5:33 AM Post #17 of 54
April would be awesome too.. all I have is exams that month
orphsmile.gif

Feb 17, 2005 at 3:15 AM Post #18 of 54
All I got are exams in april too...so I might be able to attend then.

Feb 20, 2005 at 6:17 AM Post #20 of 54
There is a slim chance that I might be able to make it. Why this meet? simple really I have yet to attend a meet and I have never been to Canada. Also the chance to diss habs (*spit*) fans is too good to turn down (main reason). I will check this thread later on.

Feb 21, 2005 at 3:26 PM Post #22 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken_loo
Y'all are welcome to come.. I'm not a big fan of the habs either *go leafs go* cough

Should we set a date now? or perhaps closer to April?

Leafs?!?!? I was only going to diss habs fans now I get to diss a leafs fan. Two for the price of one. Now that's what I call priceless.

Feb 21, 2005 at 3:33 PM Post #23 of 54
Depending on when this falls I may be able to come as my Wife has a friend that is at school in Ottawa.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 21, 2005 at 8:39 PM Post #24 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Leafs?!?!? I was only going to diss habs fans now I get to diss a leafs fan. Two for the price of one. Now that's what I call priceless.

hehe I'm sure there will be some sens fans too..

Feb 21, 2005 at 9:02 PM Post #26 of 54
I'd have suggested hitting a Sens game...but...the season has been cancelled. This is a direct result of a Redwings fan attempting to come to Canada to and poke fun at real teams. Sacrilege can only go so far....

Feb 21, 2005 at 10:13 PM Post #27 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
I'd have suggested hitting a Sens game...but...the season has been cancelled. This is a direct result of a Redwings fan attempting to come to Canada to and poke fun at real teams. Sacrilege can only go so far....

real teams???? Hah that's canadian humour for you. Can you explain how the habs let go the greatest goalie since Ken dryden. And not let's forget "Mr playoffs" Claude Lemieux. Actually I wanted to see a real live hockey game. but alas it's not to be. Wow I love this hockey trash talk.

Feb 21, 2005 at 10:20 PM Post #28 of 54
Quote:

real teams???? Hah that's canadian humour for you. Can you explain how the habs let go the greatest goalie since Ken dryden.

Do you mean THEIR greatest or THE greatest......
confused.gif

EDIT (1) : Dryden was good but he could have been great only in the case of having the same results with a so-so defense team. (In fact it was the Patrick Roy case for much of his playtime).
It wasn't the case for Dryden since I think that you could have reach, at that time, similar results with a junior B goalie...
biggrin.gif

EDIT (2):

Quote:

Wow I love this hockey trash talk.

With the inevitable salary cap, the impact from the cutting of the Redwings 77,000,000$ annual budget will be interesting to witness. They probably will have to choose between keeping their coach or the Zamboni driver....
tongue.gif

Amicalement

Feb 22, 2005 at 2:24 AM Post #29 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic
Do you mean THEIR greatest or THE greatest......
confused.gif

EDIT (1) : Dryden was good but he could have been great only in the case of having the same results with a so-so defense team. (In fact it was the Patrick Roy case for much of his playtime).
It wasn't the case for Dryden since I think that you could have reach, at that time, similar results with a junior B goalie...
biggrin.gif

EDIT (2):

With the inevitable salary cap, the impact from the cutting of the Redwings 77,000,000$ annual budget will be interesting to witness. They probably will have to choose between keeping their coach or the Zamboni driver....
tongue.gif

Amicalement

Hey the Zamboni driver is the redwings.

As for the goalie comment. You raise a good point mr. genetic. I can see how Any goalie in the team Ken Dryden was in could win as many Stanley cups as he did. Sir Patrick 1993>He was the Stanley cup that year. And let's not forget 1986 when Sir Patrick was a rookie. Even I have to admit he "not bad"
rs1smile.gif

Feb 24, 2005 at 4:16 PM Post #30 of 54
Okay folks, this meet could turn out to be one heck of a meet! This is what I alone can provide (at the gracious donations of GoRedWings19, Fixup, MapleTree Audio, and hopefully Ray Samuels and Single Power Audio):

Shanling, modded out the wazoo with crazy tubes
Melos modded by carlo with crazy tubes
W Enterprises NW Music Timbre IC's .5m/1m
Audio Metallurgy GA-Zero's .5m
Nordost Valhallas (I think 1m)
Grado PS-1, HP-1 x2, HP-2 RS-1, SR-325i, SR-60
Allesandro MS-2i's ( a few)
Sony R10's
Koss KSC 35's
Rio Karma
Supermacro beta with 637 opamp and a production version with 627 opamp
Ear HP4
Emmeline Stealth
Maple Tree Audio Ear+ Pure HD
Omega II system with KGSS

Hoping for an SR71, a Single Power amp and if Brandon comes out we will have a Headroom Max with HD650's!

The catch is this:

1) I can't have this at my house, not enough room with all the gear and people.
2)I can't organize this, I simply don't have the time.
3)I will need a lift to get this gear from A to B, ideally someone with a Van.

End of April, early May, whatever it is, I'm good for it, it just can't be May 9th or Mother's day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back