Ottawa, let's get together!
Feb 24, 2005 at 9:29 PM Post #31 of 54
I may be able to make late April. Early May I think school starts for me.

Biggie.

Feb 24, 2005 at 10:56 PM Post #33 of 54
Even though my equipment is more medicore than the RedWings performance on the ice, i'd definately like to see some head-fi'ers.

All I will probably have are:

-CMoy
-MINT
-PIMETA w/ 627BP's
-My ohh soo slick STEPS
-Grado SR-225
-Sony D-NE900

And hopefully we can get someone to host cause my aptm is only 991sq. ft. and i've had my share of sausage meets.
580smile.gif

Feb 24, 2005 at 11:06 PM Post #34 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
Okay folks, this meet could turn out to be one heck of a meet! This is what I alone can provide (at the gracious donations of GoRedWings19, Fixup, MapleTree Audio, and hopefully Ray Samuels and Single Power Audio):

Shanling, modded out the wazoo with crazy tubes
Melos modded by carlo with crazy tubes
W Enterprises NW Music Timbre IC's .5m/1m
Audio Metallurgy GA-Zero's .5m
Nordost Valhallas (I think 1m)
Grado PS-1, HP-1 x2, HP-2 RS-1, SR-325i, SR-60
Allesandro MS-2i's ( a few)
Sony R10's
Koss KSC 35's
Rio Karma
Supermacro beta with 637 opamp and a production version with 627 opamp
Ear HP4
Emmeline Stealth
Maple Tree Audio Ear+ Pure HD
Omega II system with KGSS

Hoping for an SR71, a Single Power amp and if Brandon comes out we will have a Headroom Max with HD650's!

The catch is this:

1) I can't have this at my house, not enough room with all the gear and people.
2)I can't organize this, I simply don't have the time.
3)I will need a lift to get this gear from A to B, ideally someone with a Van.

End of April, early May, whatever it is, I'm good for it, it just can't be May 9th or Mother's day.

I have more stuff to send. The HPA-1 amp and if I can complete another ongoing deal a EMP. Also Nordost SPM reference. I will try and make it. Too many habs fans.....must resist dissin' them....must......

Feb 24, 2005 at 11:13 PM Post #35 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
I have more stuff to send. The HPA-1 amp and if I can complete another ongoing deal a EMP. Also Nordost SPM reference. I will try and make it. Too many habs fans.....must resist dissin' them....must......

The EMP is the one I am most eager to hear. The EAR HP4 + EMP + Mapltetree Audio EAR+ Pro HD....the best known tube amps for Grados outside the uber rare Holmes-Powell...folks, we have some serious gear coming!

Feb 25, 2005 at 12:39 AM Post #36 of 54
I have one for you. When is the meet happening and more importantly how do I get there!!!!!! I don't know Canadian Geography so I need some advice on how to get there. I can get a flight from the airport where I live but I don't even have a clue where it lands in Canada!!!!

So is there a Ottawa airport that I land at?

Also I can't bring anything to the meet. Although I can bring my redwings cap
rolleyes.gif

Also I am looking at how much it would cost to send my ML to Canada via UPS or Fedex....Is it feasible?

Zanth>You have the opportunity to put the very best headphones+amp combo's up against one another!!!!

Hp-1, hp-2's+melos
Rs-1+EMP, RS-1+Ear HP4
R-10's+Stealth
Omega 2's+KGSS

And if you can get a Orprheus HE90 in time you can partner it with the KGSS....

Also is anyone bringing a MS-Pro to the meet? I have never heard one?

Feb 25, 2005 at 12:55 AM Post #37 of 54
There might be direct flights from Detroit to Ottawa, just check online (JetsGO, Air Canada, Jazz, and other airlines through cheaptickets or other type web sites. However I think you'll most likely get a Detroit > Toronto (Pearson) > Ottawa.

But I think you could just drive up to ottawa...just stick to the 401 all the way to the 416 and head up on that and your here. It's about 4 hours from toronto to ottawa and I guess another 5? hours from Detroit to Toronto. You don't have to worry about snowstorms anymore and the drive is 99% highway driving.

Feb 25, 2005 at 12:57 AM Post #38 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by d00dz
There might be direct flights from Detroit to Ottawa, just check online (JetsGO, Air Canada, Jazz, and other airlines through cheaptickets or other type web sites. However I think you'll most likely get a Detroit > Toronto (Pearson) > Ottawa.

But I think you could just drive up to ottawa...just stick to the 401 all the way to the 416 and head up on that and your here. It's about 4 hours from toronto to ottawa and I guess another 5? hours from Detroit to Toronto. You don't have to worry about snowstorms anymore and the drive is 99% highway driving.

err.....errrr.... I actually live in the UK.....my favourite ice hockey team is in detroit.......sorry about the confusion

Feb 25, 2005 at 2:01 AM Post #39 of 54
Quote:

I have one for you. When is the meet happening and more importantly how do I get there!!!!!! I don't know Canadian Geography so I need some advice on how to get there. I can get a flight from the airport where I live but I don't even have a clue where it lands in Canada!!!!

LOL....in that case just ask the pilot to avoid, at any cost, a landing in the middle of this...

http://www.warmuseum.ca/cwm/chrono/images/iroquois.jpg

Amicalement

Feb 25, 2005 at 2:36 AM Post #41 of 54
Quote:

Are you going Mr. Genetic? If we get bored of headphones we can talk hockey instead!!!!

I'm fine and I must say that I fell from my chair when I read that your not actually from Detroit..... but someone who will probably be invited to the Prince Charles wedding....
eek.gif

But thinking about it we are not that different from each other since all the concrete link we now have here in Quebec City with the LNH ... is Marcel Aubut law firm....
frown.gif

Amicalement

Feb 25, 2005 at 2:39 AM Post #42 of 54
GoRedWings19, definitely an international airport in Ottawa and I can help you with all arrangements necessary. I think that if we are going to be receiving guests from out of country! and out of city, we should really set a data for this thing. What would be a good weekend?

Feb 25, 2005 at 2:46 AM Post #43 of 54
Genetic> So will I see you there then?

Zanth>Set a date then I will be able to see. I know I can make it in April, hopefully. It just depends when my brother gets back from his holiday. If he makes it back by end of march/early april then I have a real chance. If I can't enjoy the meet!!!!!

Feb 25, 2005 at 3:07 AM Post #45 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic
I'm not allowed to visit the «other» country....
biggrin.gif

Seriously, I will be over my head in my work until probably july....Too bad I would like very much to meet you and Zanth.

Amicalement

Other Country???? Zanth is in Ontario isn't Quebec right next to it?

Sorry to hear you won't be going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back