Other Passions?
Apr 21, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #16 of 58
I guess I wouldn't mind making chinese chicks a hobby either but just afraid my wife would not understand. LOL I once thought I would like to get into nude photography but my wife said I would look stupid with just a camera around my neck. I guess she didn't understand what I wanted to do.

Apr 21, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #18 of 58
Head-Fi is an extension of my love for music, once I have all the audio gear I need my music collection will grow big time. Another passion is reading, whatever interests me and photography used to be a passion which I intend to pick up some day.

The best passion is just having fun with good company, friends and/or relatives. The good moments are more important than anything.

Apr 21, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #19 of 58
Gaming above headphones
tongue.gif

Apr 21, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #20 of 58
Unfortunately I don't have much time for much else. So my other 'passion' would probably be studying for exams (well not school) so I can make more money :p I would like to get into photography however sometime in the future.

Apr 21, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #22 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If only I were passionate about studying for my exams.
frown.gif

I wonder if that's actually possible. Sometime's i think i have ADD because i find it that uninteresting.

Apr 21, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #24 of 58
Slow pitch softball is a big love. Yeap even an Englishman here in the UK can appreciate the game. Played and umpired for nearly 10 years, thanks to a chance meeting of a group of Americans. Love my motor racing. Everything from F1 to Ginetta, so long as it has four wheels and is not this rally nonsense. My absolute biggest passion is dice based RPG. And no I don't play Dungeons and Dragons. And even if I did, so f'ing what?!? I've played, written and published more games than most people can imagine. And all I need is a group of friends, not some computer connection. Yes I have real friends that I can meet in person. Sorry but it has to be said.

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #25 of 58
@MomijiTMO : it's not for school..I was about as unpassionate for school exams as possible. These exams are for my job and each passed one gives you a percentage increase in income :p That's a good amount of motivation there. That and the fact they aren't offered too often and expensive can also help.

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #26 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mind if ask what you're working on?
regular_smile .gif

I'm not too into drag racing, but restoring a 1969 Dodge Charger equipped with a 426 Hemi or a 440 Magnum is my ultimate dream car. I'm still debating on a 1970 front conversion. It actually looks pretty mean.

I agree on the 69 Charger. Being a Mopar fanatic myself, my ultimate American musclecar would be the 71 or 70 Hemi' Cuda with the Shaker hood option. Unfortunately the rarity and stratospheric prices (especially the ragtop models) of the two model years mentioned above makes it impossible for me to own one. Heck, 426 Hemi (race or street) anything would be a ultimate musclcar for me. 440 and 440 Six Pack cars are awesome too and nearly as rare.

My current project racecar is a 69 Dart GTS with the back half of the car tubed chassised and four linked. The car also has a chromoly tube rollcage. It will be powered by a bored and stroked 340. It would be a radical ride if I dropped in a 440 or a Hemi but I love the 340 as it's an engine that can rev itself off the tach. This project of mines has been going on for more than 10 years as I don't always have the necessary funds, time or interest to complete it.

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #27 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@MomijiTMO : it's not for school..I was about as unpassionate for school exams as possible. These exams are for my job and each passed one gives you a percentage increase in income :p That's a good amount of motivation there. That and the fact they aren't offered too often and expensive can also help.

Ah yes I'd be motivated then
tongue.gif

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #28 of 58
I'm very passionate about my career. I'm very fortunate to love what I do for a living and often spend too much time working. Fortunately I can listen to headphones the entire time!!

Apr 21, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #29 of 58
My other passion is R/C cars, however, now that I'm in college I have no friends who are into R/C cars, nor a good place to run my cars so that interest is slowly fading. Back home one of my good friends is also into R/C's but since we go to separate schools we don't really run them together.

I've been wanting to get back into it by buying another car but I'm having a hard time not spending it on more audio equipment, especially since I'm always using headphones but I don't really run my cars anymore...

Also another major hobby is biking. I love riding my bicycle, but overly restrictive parents don't let me do much at home. It's a good thing they don't know what I do around here because they wouldn't be very approving of me riding at night.
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #30 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raguvian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My other passion is R/C cars

I have some bad news and good news.

I have a serious R/C addiction, have had it since the mid '80's.

Bad news: you're at the age where its just going to fade away as a hobby

Good news: once you have kids, and they're about 5-6yrs old... the addiction comes back with a vengeance!!

My kids are 3 and 4yrs old... I'm already preparing my Wife for the impending spending spree!!
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back