Other Passions?
Apr 21, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #31 of 58
I just tried throwing the ball after i don't even know how many years. Did it about 10 times, couldn't get a spiral once.

I was hoping for slow-mo, dramatic music in the background, and bam spiral, ball flies out into outer space and a random kid approaches me with a dead look on his face and asks...WHOA!! How'd you do that?!

But, I just got crickets, my neighbors lawnmower, and dents on my toolshed. Life is too damn short.

Apr 21, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #32 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree on the 69 Charger. Being a Mopar fanatic myself, my ultimate American musclecar would be the 71 or 70 Hemi' Cuda with the Shaker hood option. Unfortunately the rarity and stratospheric prices (especially the ragtop models) of the two model years mentioned above makes it impossible for me to own one. Heck, 426 Hemi (race or street) anything would be a ultimate musclcar for me. 440 and 440 Six Pack cars are awesome too and nearly as rare.

My current project racecar is a 69 Dart GTS with the back half of the car tubed chassised and four linked. The car also has a chromoly tube rollcage. It will be powered by a bored and stroked 340. It would be a radical ride if I dropped in a 440 or a Hemi but I love the 340 as it's an engine that can rev itself off the tach. This project of mines has been going on for more than 10 years as I don't always have the necessary funds, time or interest to complete it.

Muscle cars! Jealous.

My parents had a V8 dart growing up and I always loved that car. When I was old enough I bought a beat up but very original '66 A100 Sportsman van. Was my pride and joy and I loved driving it and working on it as it got alot of looks on the street and could carry lots of friends and or music equipment. I ended up selling it in order to buy an engagement ring....that was the end of my auto obsession and now I drive a very unsexy toyota tacoma. Every time I see a 60's A100 , Econoline, Corvair van or VW bus I stare at it and remember my baby.
frown.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #33 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by markkr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have some bad news and good news.

I have a serious R/C addiction, have had it since the mid '80's.

Bad news: you're at the age where its just going to fade away as a hobby

Good news: once you have kids, and they're about 5-6yrs old... the addiction comes back with a vengeance!!

My kids are 3 and 4yrs old... I'm already preparing my Wife for the impending spending spree!!
bigsmile_face.gif

Ha!

Yeah, I'm trying to sell my stuff right now and maybe when I get a better place to run it I will get another one.

It's actually more of the fact I have no one to run it with than the fact that I'm losing interest in them. It's definitely something I'll be coming back to for sure, though.

Apr 22, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #34 of 58
I'm going to say, I love and I'm into or have been into thru my yrs. almost every interest that I've read from you guys above.....We should really be proud of the way "WE" keep these post going and going! I love the fact that someone can ask a simple question and many of us will come up with many helpful answers, but more importantly we can fire away with some of the funniest comments for all to enjoy or at least say "WHAT", until they get that we're JOKING! Take the simple post about "How do you clean your ears??" Many were so funny, that they would fit right in on the Letterman show, etc...So, I've really enjoyed all the Facts and fun I've received from all of you...Oh. One more statement, If you ever have the chance to go to a HDphone meet in your town don't miss the chance!! We had a great time at the Dayton,Oh. meet.......keep it commin' It's like my new hobby reading all the post.....Thanks...duke

Apr 22, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #35 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by elbuzzard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Muscle cars! Jealous.

My parents had a V8 dart growing up and I always loved that car. When I was old enough I bought a beat up but very original '66 A100 Sportsman van. Was my pride and joy and I loved driving it and working on it as it got alot of looks on the street and could carry lots of friends and or music equipment. I ended up selling it in order to buy an engagement ring....that was the end of my auto obsession and now I drive a very unsexy toyota tacoma. Every time I see a 60's A100 , Econoline, Corvair van or VW bus I stare at it and remember my baby.
frown.gif

Yeah, I don't see many 66 or 67 A100's here where I'm at these days. The ones I do see are usually in sad shape with numerous body cancer or dents. Once in a blue moon I would see a decent one. I would love to own a restored original VW 21 or 23 window bus, I think they're totally cool.

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #36 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9pintube /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the fact that someone can ask a simple question and many of us will come up with many helpful answers

This is one of the main reason's why i love Head-Fi. Ignorance is not AS bliss in this community.

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #37 of 58
I used to do Photography, but I've been meaning to get back into it. Same with Aggro Rollerblading. And street hockey.

Current passions?

Paintball:
n1645830051_60082_5005.jpg

BMX (no good shots, I mostly ride solo, hence no pictures. This was a bad shot of bad endo):
4923_1089126882151_1645830051_447598_5605086_n.jpg

Guitar:
4671_1087977653421_1645830051_444615_1555317_n.jpg

Gunpla (modelling/painting):
26585_1242648000083_1645830051_827785_5056547_n.jpg

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #38 of 58
I used to bmx back in the day during middle school. Best trick i ever did was a 360.

My bike was bogus though, GT Thumper.
tongue.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:31 AM Post #39 of 58
Motorcycle riding, photography, girls/women, ...
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #42 of 58
Rock bassist for 40 years, mountain biking, hiking, all home improvements, gardening, gadget freak, tool freak, very handy with anything mechanical and electrical, drinking with my friends on Friday and Saturday nights, going to nice restaurants, and of course, my family..

I forgot to mention Home Theater and my Home Office.

Apr 22, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #43 of 58
Wow, atbglenn, this whole time only looking at your avatar i thought you were a college student!

What kind of rock does your band play?

Apr 22, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #45 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, atbglenn, this whole time only looking at your avatar i thought you were a college student!

What kind of rock does your band play?

I look like a college student? LOL! Thanks man! People tell me I look younger than my age (58 on May 2nd) but that's pushing it big time!

I've played original progressive rock in bar bands throughout the 70's, 80's, and part of the 90's. The last 15 years I've been only playing music (jamming and playing a party or two) with friends. The band days are over for me but I still love and play my bass everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back