Other Passions?
Apr 21, 2010 at 8:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

Pepsi

500+ Head-Fier
Just wondering, besides the Audio Hobby, what else are you guys into, and i mean something that you guys really appreciate in life and have the utmost love and passion for?

For me, it's Football. More specifically, Quarterbacking. I played all through middle school and junior year in high school, until i started feeling great pain out of my arm, i was unfortunately diagnosed with arthritis in my elbow. Not a good idea to pitch and QB. But then again a lot of kids played as Pitcher and Quarterback, i guess i just got unlucky.

Well, it's been years and though at the time, it was very heartbreaking, but i've moved on. Now during football season, i just enjoy spending time with my father every weekend, watching a game of good ol football. It's always been a tradition of ours for it's a great topic for him and I to converse.

The NFL draft is this thursday and i absolutely cannot wait. The Hawkeyes have a couple prospects going into the NFL this year. It'll be a treat seeing where they end up!

Apr 21, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #2 of 58
My second love is college sports. I love the Women's College Softball and try to watch the chanpionships every year. Man those Arizona Wildcats are tough. I also love College Basketball and the March Madness. College Football is also watched all the time but I do not really care much for Professional sports as the excitement and enthusiasm is just not there in the players. High School football is another love of mine and our Monahans Loboes are really tough. They seem to go 10-0 or 9-1 all the time. They go off to the state playoffs and end up loosing in the semi's. Yeah there are other things in life that inspire me but nothing like music.

Apr 21, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #3 of 58
I loved baseball when I was young. But I injured my elbow so I was forced to quit. Otherwise I seriously would have gone into that sport. In retrospect the injury was a good turning point to introspect and realize I'm not cut out to be a professional baseball player. Even if I was only God knows whether I would have been successful or not which would have never happened either way. Even now when I throw some balls I can feel my right elbow acting up a little. Other than that I have a passion for pc games. Sounds a little corny I know but the experience of total immersion in a different world is never enough.

Apr 21, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #4 of 58
what???....you guys can afford another hobby???!..
smily_headphones1.gif

hehe. I'm into a few things I guess.
like to go scuba diving when I have the chance ( the ocean is across the street so that means any given weekend..)

I really like bicycle touring. going off into the country side with panniers set up carrying your tent, food etc. last time did around 650 km in 8 days in Hokkaido which was great. (unfortunately now stuck on a tropical rock which you can circumvent the whole island in about 3 hours by car...
frown.gif
)
My dream is to do a long trip across asia one day (China, Thailand, Vietnam, Burma etc..)...ahh...one day....

Apr 21, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #5 of 58
photography... I have spent much much much more on camera and lenses than on audio equipment.

it started out as a hobby but now i am starting to do it as a side job.

Apr 21, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #7 of 58
^A lot of my friends are also in photography. Check out The Photography of Tuan Phan he's a good friend of mine, quite talented individual.

Apr 21, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #8 of 58
Besides headphones, drag racing has been something that I've been into for a long time. The rush of speeding down a quarter mile track be it in a full body car or bike is addicting. I still do attend races regularly and am currently working on a project to get back into the driver's seat. I enjoy watching as much as I enjoy being part of a team and helping out.

Apr 21, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #9 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Besides headphones, drag racing has been something that I've been into for a long time. The rush of speeding down a quarter mile track be it in a full body car or bike is addicting. I still do attend races regularly and am currently working on a project to get back into the driver's seat. I enjoy watching as much as I enjoy being part of a team a helping out.

Mind if ask what you're working on?
regular_smile .gif

I'm not too into drag racing, but restoring a 1969 Dodge Charger equipped with a 426 Hemi or a 440 Magnum is my ultimate dream car. I'm still debating on a 1970 front conversion. It actually looks pretty mean.

Apr 21, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #10 of 58
Speaker Stereo
Ham Radio/CB
Photography
Metal Detecting
Pets/Animals
Gadgets
Religion,although i wouldnt call that a hobby.
Kites
Guns
Martial Arts Movies
Godzilla and similar movies
Darts
Camping
Coffee / Tea / Beer

Oh wait....This isnt a dating site...

Apr 21, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #11 of 58
Does girls count? They cost money, they come in all shape and sizes, there's always room for upgrade just like headphones
tongue.gif

Photography comes first, actually audio is pretty low on the list, and my list isn't that long. I take photos, and learning to play the piano, I started to get into this thing all Fashion (don't laugh, i feel good and look good as a result of it
tongue.gif
), and movies.

Apr 21, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #12 of 58
Those pictures are gorgeous. What kind of camera do you use?

Apr 21, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #15 of 58
Endruos/Hare Scrambles/General Off-Road Stuff
I don't practice Photography anymore (not really got time), still appreciate the art though.

I've got other interests but they don't belong here as this is a "passions" thread :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back